Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Squeaking/Creaking Suspension

Has anyone suffered creaking/squeaking suspension on their Discovery 5?

I started to notice a lot of squeaking/creaking coming from the suspension this weekend as I was parking the car in a multistory (had the driver window open so heard the noise from outside). It seems to be from the front suspension as I go over a small speed hump the noise was only there when the front wheels went over hump and rear was ok. Seems to get worse as I turn right on the steering. Dampers/air springs or similar.

Car is booked into dealer at end of the month of some other issues anyway but wondered if anyone on here had come across similar issues? Car is approx at 4.5k miles now and coming upto 6 months.
  • arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

I have this one too.
    During cornering or running over speed humbs I can hear noise from right side of the car.
    I am not sure if it coming from front or rear (i have LHD car).

Not booked time to dealer yet. I need to have noise recorded first to convince dealer about the issue.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 

Just following up on the issue. The car went into the dealer last Friday however by the time I took the car in the suspension noise had all but disappeared. The dealers looked into in but could not re-create any noise during their drive assessment (I even drove out with technician but could not hear the noise). Since the suspension was working ok and not showing any errors on the cluster they had not investigated any further.

Dealer said most probably the noise could have been from the anti roll bar bushes as they have seen several similar cases where the bushes were at fault however until the noise re-appears they could not do much. I will keep monitoring the situation and get the car back to the dealership if this happens again.

A new fault has appeared since I got the car back - the 2nd row middle seat headrest will not drop down anymore Big Cry
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Re the new problem with seat - just make sure none of the seatbelts have been left fastened in back. Caught me out once.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Chopsy. I will check and see. When I press the button to fold down the headrest I can hear the actuator function but the headrest itself just stays in position without dropping. Seems like its stuck almost.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 

Mine still made the noise when the belt was fastened, but didn't drop. The folding seat also moved a fraction of an inch before settling back - clearly thinking there was a passenger in it.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 

So checked all the seat belts and nothing was buckled in. The headrest just seems to have seized in deployed position. I even tried pressing the small release button on the headrest itself to fold it but the headrest doesnt move at all like its stuck.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 

Shame. That would have been an easy 'fix'.

You might want to check the seat folds. If it does, then it is just an issue with headrest. If it doesn't, then it would suggest an issue with the system which detects weight / passengers on seats and prevents use.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 

Oh - don't fold completely if headrest is upright in case it hits front seats.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum