Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Laney26
    United Kingdom 

Side steps ?

Hi guys so got a disco on the way😁. We have ordered a 2018 HSE so excited. On the topic of side steps ( the main reason to hopefully reduce the chance of the doors getting bashed) they are coming in at 1180, to be fitted but they have a deal on the retractable ones for the same price - any advice? We have seen after market once’s for 400

Ask, any worthwhile add ins? The paint protect they want 500 for which seems a lot
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Obviously the retractable (electrically deployable) steps will do nothing to prevent impact.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Retractable ones at that price sounds a bargain. Lots of people seem happy with the aftermarket ones, so that’s the way I would be headed for side protection (and I am thinking of doing so myself).

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I have the Sidesteps.co.uk ones, they're pretty chunky, but do a decent job for the money

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum