Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mikecamb1970
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Swapping Wheels 22" to 20"

Hi

Just got my D5 HSE Lux, coming from a DS HSE. Loving the car and it is a significant step up in terms of ride, luxury and price!

I've got an ex LR management vehicle and it came with 22" wheels. I checked the tyre prices for this size wheel and was shocked to see Scorpion verde's come in at £350 each. So, I decided to purchase some 20" wheels off ebay (the standard ones that come with the HSE) and get them painted black. I went to change them over at the weekend and having put the first one on, realised that they sit further back from the wheel arch than the 22" - obvious really given that they are 2" narrower!

They looked a bit odd in comparison to the other wheels and I wondered whether anyone else had changed down wheel sizes and had similar concerns?
    Anyone used wheel spacers to bring them out a bit?

Any advice or suggestions most welcome.

Cheers
    Mike
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Hi Mike perhaps 21in would have been better, I know 22in is a harder ride. I have 21in and the ride is great. You would get your money back selling them on eBay

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • T16ole88

Re: Swapping Wheels 22" to 20"

mikecamb1970 wrote:
    Hi

Just got my D5 HSE Lux, coming from a DS HSE. Loving the car and it is a significant step up in terms of ride, luxury and price!

I've got an ex LR management vehicle and it came with 22" wheels. I checked the tyre prices for this size wheel and was shocked to see Scorpion verde's come in at £350 each. So, I decided to purchase some 20" wheels off ebay (the standard ones that come with the HSE) and get them painted black. I went to change them over at the weekend and having put the first one on, realised that they sit further back from the wheel arch than the 22" - obvious really given that they are 2" narrower!

They looked a bit odd in comparison to the other wheels and I wondered whether anyone else had changed down wheel sizes and had similar concerns?
    Anyone used wheel spacers to bring them out a bit?

Any advice or suggestions most welcome.

Cheers
    Mike

They’re £250 a corner on Tyre Leader if that helps.

22”s look so much nicer IMO
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Thanks for the tip about Tyre Leader, they are really cheap.

https://cars.tyreleader.co.uk/tyres/land-r...p;sort=pop

Black circle etc was more like £375.00 per tyre! Big Cry

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum