Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I have the same view Blackdog. This will be our first SUV and I have tested a few different ones to better understand them.

I do a fairly high proportion of urban (but not city centre) miles and the X5/Cayenne cars with their sportier driving position ‘feel’ bigger and clumsier to me. Whereas the D5 you can see all extremities and the big mirrors make parking and manoeuvring so much simpler. Plus there is nothing more relaxing than seeing over everything!
  • nickground
    United Kingdom 

So after a bit of a delay it finally arrived. Such a serene drive compared to the loan F-Pace (petrol 2.0) I took to Germany.

Nick

D5 HSE Lux SDV6
    D3 2005
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

What a car, you've got good taste👍
    Here's my car

I only have a SE but it's the best car I've ever had, enjoy your discovery😜

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Nice Locking car Nick, my D4 was Indus Silver. Nice colour.

Chalkey wrote:
    I only have an SE

Why “only” an SE? The SE has the options I value on the car and where they were lacking I added some. It is a personal thing but I see little value in for example an electronic adjustable steering column when i only ever adjust it once.

Ron

Last edited by IndusD4 on 25th Apr 2019 3:35 am. Edited 1 time in total

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Labbix

Haha, not even a HSE lux has an electrical adjustable steering column as standard Wink But of course a lot is market depending, an Australian one will be quite different than an Albanian one, doesn’t matter if it’s S, SE, HSE or lux
  • Chalkey
    England 

To true about both of your comments, I must say I did prefer the light leather in my SE, we're HSE was very light and would have been harder to keep clean. With all my bits on, if your not a petrol head it looks like a HSE Lux anyway👍😜

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Apart from the rear light cluster. Laughing
  • Chalkey
    England 

Hi Dangerdave about 6 months after we picked up our Discovery LR changed the options list, singnature rear light became a option on the SE. But I'm very happy with the look of the rear lights because our car is silver she SE rear light has a lot of silver and black in the light 😜

I did notice on HSE rear lights when you brake the same part of the lights up's as on the SE and there's more red when the lights are on the HSE. I do think JLR are penny pinching but I still love the car.

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Yes, some cars suit the less red rear light tbh.

I believe even if you change out to the HSE ones that additional wiring is required to get them to work.
  • Chalkey
    England 

No sure about that, but I had a freelander and I changed the head lights and it was a nightmare. The plug was the same but not the right amount of pins so getting the day time running lights was very difficult.

• Evans1089
    England 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Just bought same model and colour, love it!
  • Chalkey
    England 

Silver is easy to keep clean, but LR do some fabulous colours

• Chalkey
    England 

Evans1089 wrote:
    Just bought same model and colour, love it!

What colour leather did you go for

• Evans1089
    England 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Black! Cool
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum