Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Door open - ICTP switches off

Hi there, if you're waiting for someone, engine switched off, ignition turned on to fiddle with CarPlay, enter an address, listen to radio or whatever you can do on the ICTP screen and when someone opens the front passenger door, the screens goes blank and ictp switches off ... quite annoying if you were entering an address and everything gets lost and you have to start over again..
    Can it be switched off?

MY17 HSE Luxury Corris Grey 3.0 si6 with Black Pack 21 inch
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

In my wife's keyless BMW, if you switch the engine off using the dashboard button the radio etc all stays on until you actually lock the car, not just when the door is opened - seems a better way.

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

My wife’s BMW does it too and to be honest, I find it infuriating!
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

So what I find happens, and I'm assuming it is designed this way... is that you switch the car off and ICTP stays on until you open the door (the point at which the car assumes you really don't need it any more as you are exiting the vehicle).

However, if you switch the car off and the switch it back on but don't start the engine (ie you press the start button but don't hold down the brake, so the dashboard is on too) then when you open the front door everything should stay switched on.

I think it all makes a lot of sense the way they have done it.

Cheers

Rik

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

This is designed to be that way. Once the engine is turned off opening the door normally means you are getting out of the vehicle. If the ICPT goes off you can just turn the screen/audio back on by pressing the volume button just to turn on ICPT. You dont need to turn on ignition switch. In this mode the ICPT will stay ON for a further 10 mins or something
  • jungle42
    Luxembourg 

thank you all for your responses ... indeed pressing the volume botton at the InControl panel switches ICTP back on Cool I did only use it to mute and unmute the radio etc. unit and did not think of any other usage Razz

• jungle42
    Luxembourg 

Simon S wrote:
    In my wife's keyless BMW, if you switch the engine off using the dashboard button the radio etc all stays on until you actually lock the car, not just when the door is opened - seems a better way.

In my previous BMW you could switch it off when you pressed the Engine Start Button for 2-3 seconds while switching the engine off.

• gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

I was chatting with a mate last weekend who was off on a date to the drive in theatre to watch a movie.

He doesn’t have a disco but was wondering how to keep the radio on in the days of keyless cars.

Old school it was just turn the key round to the first click for accessories.

10mins isn’t going to cut it.
    I’m assuming just hit the start button without starting the car and turn the air con off?

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum