Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

New D5 owner

Hi all,

I was also Lucero on the D4 forums and have just taken possession of a D5 67 plate in Loire Blue with Dynamic Pack, Beige leather and espresso brown interior. I must say, it's a lovely car, side steps and deployable tow bar which reminds me of a horse getting an erection, but hey... Rolling with laughter

It's a HSE 3 TDV6 and I must say, one of the things that pains me the most is the fact that Land Rover took an excellent engine in the Disco 4 (the 3litre twin turbo unit) and butchered it down to one turbo for the TDV6. (The SDV6 I understand, being the newer 3litre with twin turbo).

Why would they do that? I do miss that initial small turbo spool up. Seems a bit of a backwards step although arguable BHP/T is better.

I have spoken with DMS who can rolling road map the TDV6 to 330bhp and also remap the ZF box too (to avoid 2/3 down shifts on kick down). So that is going to make a world of difference. I've had DMS remap all of my cars including the D4 and they were all solid reliable, and backed, tunes.

I've not really got to grips with all the tech onboard. Things like Live Traffic, etc. Do I need a SIM? If not, and I can hotspot my phone, how do I do that and get the car to use my phone for data?

Any other little tips and tricks I should be looking out for?

Do the rear head rests pop back up after having the seats folded down? It doesn't appear so, but thought I would check.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

The headrests do not pop back on their own.

If you don't want to buy a data sim for the car you may be able to turn your phone on as a wifi hotspot and connect the car to it by wifi. Some suggest the wifi option is year / software dependant.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

You can use for phone as a hotspot, which works as long as your is with you and hotspot turned on. It seems to take a while to sort it self out and does not seem 100% reliable in my experience.

I have gone back to just inserting a SIM into the car, it just works and you can forget it it.
    The most popular SIM is the Three 12GB for 12 months and around £25.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-...-data.html

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-24gb-trio-mbb-payg-sim-pack.html

Maybe be cheaper elsewhere,
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum