Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

67 plate DISCO 5 HSE Lux purchased today

Went in to buy another Vogue having had a number of Disco's, Vogues and a lovely (but very fragile) 16 plate RRS Autobiography. Have been away for a year with a BMW M4 CS and a Disco 4 XS with 127k on it as a dog and kids car.

Went in to buy another Vogue but got seduced by a 1 owner D5 HSE Lux they had in. Indus, black pack, black 18 ways leather, black 21" wheels, Meridian SS, 360 deg cameras, Rear screens, Deployable tow bar, electric everything, large screen nav etc.

Pick it up next Friday.

Been a very active member on Disco3 and Disco4 so looking forward to being part of this community.

(One Q, does the IID BT tool have any use on the D5 if I registered it)
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

IID is really of no use yet. I have not bothered the trouble and cost of transferring the VIN[/code]
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 

My car was registered at the end of September 17 as a 67 plate. Any idea if this is MY18 or 17? How can I tell?
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Sounds like it's a great car, put some photos on once you pick it up. My car is silver with black pack and 21in wheels. The 21in wheels really set the car off and the ride quality is still superb 👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Labbix

MY 17 has the letter H in it’s VIN 2 places before the end numbers, MY18 has J MY19 has K and MY20 has L
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

winger wrote:
    IID is really of no use yet. I have not bothered the trouble and cost of transferring the VIN

Indeed the IIDTool just reads and clears fault codes on the D5 at the moment. With regards to transferring your existing IIDTool from your D4 to a D5 - GAP do not charge for this. You'll need to send GAP an email if you want do a transfer to another VIN,

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 

Thought it was time to post some pictures. Had it for 2 months. Been back at dealer for 3 weeks of that.
    New rear screen as seal had gone, new SIM car reader, some paint work sorted, but still love it. Have obviously added a few things since I had it. Having had 4 black, 2 dark blue and 1 white car in my last few, I am falling in love with Silver again. Definitely needs less cleaning to keep it looking good but works very very well with the black pack bits.

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 

been thinking about getting the tow eye covers painted matt black too, here is a mock up, thoughts?

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Love the black lettering on the silver paint. Really sticks out. Thumbs Up

The gloss black numberplate surround really looks the business.

I think the front bumper would suit the 3 "forked fingers" on the lower bumper and give it a meaner look so to speak.

Having a black on black car, the badges just don't "pop" out at you as on your car.

I do wonder what the badging would look like if it was red or white on a black car as both go well imo.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • hocks172
    England 

Looks very nice, can't beat the black pack look.

No more Landrover!!!
    Previous LR: D3 HSE, RRS HST, Evoque Dynamic Lux, D5 HSE LUX.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Looks great👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 

BIG wash this afternoon after fitting black roof rails, door bumpers and front dynamic plastics.

Iron X fall out prep, Bilberry Wheel cleaner, snow foam, clay bar, snow foam, Poorboys wax, Poorboys sealant and finally Meguires Ultimate Fast Finish. Gtechniq C4 on all dark trims and Poorboys black hole on shiny black bits. Meguires Ultimate Tyre Gel on tyres and inner wheel wells.

• hocks172
    England 

Looks gleaming Thumbs Up

No more Landrover!!!
    Previous LR: D3 HSE, RRS HST, Evoque Dynamic Lux, D5 HSE LUX.
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Looking good...can’t beat a day on the drive with a bag full of detailing goodies...brushed up well Thumbs Up

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum