Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

New MY2020 SE Ordered

Since there's no MY2020 yet..

We placed our order for our D5 in Corris Grey on 29/03 expecting it to be close to cut off for 19.5/20 model, and received notification of available allocation 07/05 that the car will be built as a 20 model in Eiger Grey. We're looking at a build date of 28/06, delivery 26/07.

Spec we're getting as follows:

Si4 SE (2.0L PETROL 300HP)
    Eiger Grey
    Black Exterior Pack
    20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5011' Gloss Black Finish
    Privacy Glass
    Interactive Driver Display
    Gloss Black Veneer
    Fixed Side Steps

Took a while before getting confirmation against Corris, but fortunately paint codes available for Eiger so we had a paint card sprayed to give us an idea of how it'd look. It's not far off, slightly more silver in it, but depends on lighting more than anything. Looks fresher than Corris which I must admit I was set on, so nice to have seen Eiger in the flesh.

This'll be our first Land Rover, and after a brilliant test drive we're really looking forward to our delivery.

Last edited by BobDisco on 10th May 2019 2:43 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Sounds great, Bob.

I’m in the ‘first Land Rover’ and ‘ Censored , colour withdrawn’ clubs with you!

Interesting that on the 29th March you were almost able to order Corris, as I was told of it and Loire being withdrawn on the 11th March and was completely unable to order Loire.

I’ve ended up with a MY20 order as well, in Carpathian. I don’t have anything like as good visibility on dates as you do, though. Simply a tentative handover date of 31st July. I’m not holding my breath and quite expecting to have to wait longer after that. Hope to be proved wrong!!

I drove a SDV6 SE for 24 hours and it sold me on the Disco. Here it is next to a tiddler X5. Irrespective of engine/spec I think it’s an incredible package.

Rich

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Sounds great, we've got an SE and we're very pleased it still feels luxurious. Put some photos on once you pick it up 👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Ha Ha, i would expect to see those cars parked outside M & S, not Lidl Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium wrote:
    Interesting that on the 29th March you were almost able to order Corris, as I was told of it and Loire being withdrawn on the 11th March and was completely unable to order Loire.

I’ve ended up with a MY20 order as well, in Carpathian. I don’t have anything like as good visibility on dates as you do, though. Simply a tentative handover date of 31st July. I’m not holding my breath and quite expecting to have to wait longer after that. Hope to be proved wrong!!

Did think it was pretty strange, because we knew it was unlikely but were told that LR will sometimes honour orders placed before a certain date as they’re still transitioning between models.

Fingers crossed you get news soon, totally depends on your dealer allocation and I guess engine as to when you’re date would be if they produce on different lines, who knows?!
  • BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

Chalkey wrote:
    Sounds great, we've got an SE and we're very pleased it still feels luxurious. Put some photos on once you pick it up 👍

Good stuff! We were getting a really good deal on the SE which we weren’t getting close to with HSE, and when looking at the derivative differences we weren’t too concerned on what we were missing out on, added the tech we wanted so are happy with it Smile
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yep, I think the LIDL sign makes the shot. Great shop by the way Laughing

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Chalkey
    England 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Ha Ha, i would expect to see those cars parked outside M & S, not Lidl Rolling with laughter

Come on don't you mean Fortnum & Mason Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Chalkey
    England 

Bob the acorn leather in the SE I think is a better option than the lighter leather in the HSE which is murder to keep clean. Black leather looks go to👍

• TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

Congrats . I'm sure you will enjoy the Si4 SE (2.0L PETROL 300HP)
    We have that engine and it's superb.

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

@Chalkey - thanks for the heads up - that's good to know for future reference because the wife likes the lighter but I'm really not keen so we went with the black Smile

@Taz - it certainly seemed it on the test drive we had, looking forward to it. We have a VW Tiguan 2l Diesel at the moment...let's just say the turbo lag is real.
  • BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

Just a little update...

Things are looking good on the delivery front, as ours was pulled for build today. Wasn’t due into build until 26th, so we’ll hopefully see it a little earlier than expected (estimate was to dealer on 28th July, trailer delivery to us 31st)

It’s our first factory build car, having bought new cars from forecourt/network previously, so the wait is painful Shocked but we’re super excited to see it turn up Very Happy
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum