Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• LPan
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Any body else's interior creak and groan?

Had my MY17 a few weeks now and I'm finding that the centre console tends to creak periodically which I'm finding really annoying. It;s either coming from the top glove box or the the panel which has the temp control units and the storage behind. Anyone else finding this??
  • APCo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I have not noticed any noises, no doubt I will now and curse you forever...….
  • Labbix

What I hear sometimes is a little tickling sound around the speaker in the middle of the dash, like it’s not 100% fixed (or moved a bit because of the sun). For the rest nothing yet!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

At a certain speed there is a slight rattle of creak. It seems to be coming from the nearside, sometime from the top glove box area, sometimes from the 2nd row seat door or even the boot. I only notice it because I don’t bother with music.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

My dealer had a MY17 loaner a few years ago with a very noisy dash to the point I reported it on return, the dealer acknowledged another customer had said the same. My D4 was back in a month or so later and I got the same car it was quiet. If your under warranty see if your dealer can help.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

I found that the rear single seat (passenger side) will rattle unless it is in the fully reclined position.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

My sunroof deflector or something up there rattles a bit when it's open. Other than that it's nice and quiet.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

the small part of the luggage cover thats attached the tailgate seems to vibrate up and down, so mine is now in the garage with the main luggage cover blind.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I have experienced an annoying whine from the front passenger seat - so now I go out without her.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

You, sir, win 1 Internets.
  • TechnoTurkey
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

mordred1973 wrote:
    the small part of the luggage cover thats attached the tailgate seems to vibrate up and down, so mine is now in the garage with the main luggage cover blind.

How many people leave these in their garage rather than in the vehicle? I've been debating removing mine for some time as no one can see in the back particularly anyway because the tints are so dark!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I took mine out on the first day!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

My last car it came out on day 1 and went back 5.5 years later when i sold it

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I had an annoying creak from the second row seats area on the LHS - I reported it to the garage when it was in for the latest software upgrade a few weeks ago - they fixed it by greasing the seat runners - been silent ever since. Very Happy
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I too have a creak from the LHS 2nd row seats. I thought it sounded like leather rubbing together.

The only other rattle I had was from the full height dog rack. When it was put in the part that goes into the pillar didn't go into the metal behind the plastic cover,

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum