Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• TheJR
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Rubber Boot Mat

There seems to be some variations on the theme available.

The dealers parts department has the 'official' selection at the usual fanciful prices but the alternatives are almost all cheaper.

I like the idea of the Espresso colour to match the interior and I have found is this one.

https://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/discovery-5-boot-...0373aamlr/

I thought at first that the front part with the badge was partially cut out and designed to cover the fold down lip but the placing of the no air con section makes it look more like it goes further in at the back. I then thought maybe the is the version that also covers the rear of the second row of seats for when there's a full load, but that seems to be a separate item on the official site?

So to solve the confusion and avoid paying dealer prices has anyone got a LR badged (ideally Espresso coloured) mat that fits the boot perfectly and has a front lip to cover the folding part at the front when lowered.

If so where did you get it?
  • mikecamb1970
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I have searched far and wide for a LR mat that covers the folding part when lowered, but have not had any luck.
    In the end I went for the version that is in the hyperlink you posted (in black).
    I would say that it is OK but I prefer the Travall one that I had in my disco sport. I couldn't find a Travall one that fitted the boot with rear air con as the photos I could see online were inconclusive as to whether it would fit or not.

Good luck in your search!
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Just changed my D4 for a D5. Kept the D4 Bearmach liner...ok it doesnt exactly mirror the interior curves but it fits the D5 boot area just fine and is held firmly in place by the raised folding part because itโ€™s 20mm longer than D5 floor length. Lot cheaper. ๐Ÿ˜‰

If covering the drop down flap is important, there are plenty of D4 options that covered the drop down door section, that could work, as above.
  • Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Not a full mat on mine but you can buy rubber sheet off fleabay and cut to fit.

• IndusD4
    Australia 

The LR boot liner has a flap that covers the fold down inner boot lid. I'm sure non-LR ones do as well.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

Wolfpack wrote:
    Just changed my D4 for a D5. Kept the D4 Bearmach liner...ok it doesnt exactly mirror the interior curves but it fits the D5 boot area just fine and is held firmly in place by the raised folding part because itโ€™s 20mm longer than D5 floor length. Lot cheaper. ๐Ÿ˜‰

If covering the drop down flap is important, there are plenty of D4 options that covered the drop down door section, that could work, as above.

I never thought of this, I have 3 spare D3/4 boot mats and with SWMBO's D5 on the may try it. The length sounds about the same but Is there much gap (bare carpet) on the sides? from memory the D5 load floor is a little wider than the D4?

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum