Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Order Freebies

I’m bored waiting for my car to be built.

What’s the story on freebies when ordering. I recall reading of valve caps and leather bound books - are these normal or unusual and not to be expected?

Also, when I was looking at the RRS last year, i remember that you got a free LR experience day. Is that still the case for the Disco?

I could bug my dealer, but trying to give him a break Very Happy

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

You get a 1/2 day LR Experience (maybe full day for a new car)

I would also push for as much as you can get from....

Rubber Mats
    Service Pack
    Alloy and Tyre insurance
    Extended Warranty
    Umbrella & Cap

Maybe too late, best to do this when you are wrangling over finances....

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I got what seemed a good deal at the time (haggling was back in Feb, hence the boredom!). Managed 11% which has morphed into 13% and better APR due to deal delays, plus a rubber boot liner. Service pack is/was unavailable, didn’t think about the other stuff but when pick up day comes my wife won’t leave the showroom without a teddy bear for our toddler Laughing

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I might look into a haggle on extended warranty between now and pick up day - there’s got to be a point where there is something in it for me and them.

Rich

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

When does the LR Experience day materialise?

Never got any book or anything (not that I'm that bothered)

Andrew
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

for the 5 discos I have bought over the years I have mainly been advised at collection or on occasion surprised with a letter shortly after. Normally on collection get Flowers, an umbrella or similar and once got 3 jumpers for the kids laid out on the back seat too. I think it depends what mood the dealers in !

Mats, flaps etc are usually negotiated to clinch the deal.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

The half day LR experience days can take over a year to materialise. I once bought a new car and sold it before I got an invite letter!

That said, you can phone up the Experience Centre and they will add it to your account. I’ve got 5 or 6 half days built up on the computer. I was going to give my 18 year old a couple to make up a full day. I checked and they’ll take him. I’ve got no intention of going on another.

I also got those crappy alloy valve caps sent to me. I binned them, people I know have used them and they corrode and get stuck on the valve.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Thanks all. Having never done any off-roaring, the experience half-day appeals to me. Good to know it still exists.

I read the same about the valve caps sticking. For me it would just be nice for ‘something’ to drop through the door as that sounds like a nice touch that I haven’t seen before with other brands.

What I really want is for Johnny Slovak to get his spanners out and build my car Very Happy

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Bit of vaseline or copper grease on the valve should do the trick. Thumbs Up

All mine had to be dremilled off as were stuck solid, on my last car, even pliers and mole grips would not budge them.

Car went in for a service and indicated on the service sheet that all 4 tyres were checked for pressure, which was impossible as were stuck solid.

Needless to say the garage lost my business after that as I had words with the service manager, and asked how can I trust you even did a full service on the car?

Was adamant that they were checked, but when I asked for the mechanic to show me, he could not take them off, leaving him with a red face.

Said I must have been driving too fast and the heat had welded them on. Absolute cobblers.

Plus the dash cam review showed them cursing as can clearly hear them saying they are stuck.

Should have just wrote down on the paperwork that valve caps could not be removed instead of telling blatant lies.

I just stuck the ones I got on the new trailer instead, along with a drop of grease Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Re: Order Freebies

Equilibrium wrote:
    I’m bored waiting for my car to be built.

What’s the story on freebies when ordering. I recall reading of valve caps and leather bound books - are these normal or unusual and not to be expected?

Also, when I was looking at the RRS last year, i remember that you got a free LR experience day. Is that still the case for the Disco?

I could bug my dealer, but trying to give him a break Very Happy

If you push them hard enough you may get a tin of shortbread and a keyring Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Shortbread, you say? I’m off to the dealer to order a second Disco for the wife if they come with shortbread!

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

The shortbread must be a Scottish thing.
    (I actually got 2 boxes and 2 key rings)
    No tightfisted jokes now Rolling with laughter

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Got mine in Manchester, no Shortbread, but a couple of key rings and a full tank of fuel. I watched as they filled it, it was £90 plus. Thumbs Up
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Not sure if its been posted on here but the new top trumps set aint bad for nowt.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details....toptrumps
    Install the app and then claim a pack. Cool

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Er, got Top Trumps, couldn’t see the point so it got binned.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Kids...kids... Whistle Laughing

Just think how much they'll be worth in 40 years times.. Laughing

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum