Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• IndusD4
    Australia 

ok, similar to the oil level by the sound of it.

This is what I get, the orange I remains in the display even after clicking on OK.

At 2,500km left this pops up every time you start the engine.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Craigp
    England 

I was also told overfilling may cause a problem as outlined by others. I.e. looses signal when past 100%.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Ron that warning will eventually go red and let you know that engine restarts are not possible after x Km. And I have experienced that no restart is possible!.

My display only lets me know what the distance is to the next top up not the amount of def required. So in April I added 11 litres as the display noted 1500km to refill. Yesterday the distance to run was 8000km, I added about 6 to 7 litres today and the distance is still at 8000km, maybe I have overfilled? Anyway I will go on a longish trip tomorrow and see what happens

Just wondering has anyone experienced a shut down because of over filling or is the just dealers being cautious. There is a warning in the guide that overfilling may damage the system

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I have filled mine literally to the brim twice. No adverse effects.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thanks Blackfly, I'm not worried. The car is going for its first year service this Friday, and might do another 150km between now and then.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

mine has about 2500 miles left, it'll do about 1,000 miles in next 17 days before service, I think I might top it up before it goes in rather than give the dealer something else to bu55er up lol

We have recently got a fuel station near to us with AdBlue on pump, so might look at that for the next fill (assuming it's cheaper than £1.10 per litre and isn't only a truck filling point which it seems many are)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • greg-g
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Corris Grey

I have an AdBlue truck filling station just up the road. Cost Aust $1.00 / liter.

First time I tried directly filling which was a real pain and very slow, but I filled it to the brim with no issues.

I’ve now got a 20-liter plastic water container with plastic tap that I use to refill two genuine AdBlue containers. (I can’t believe you could do damage overfilling the system if using genuine refilling techniques). The genuine 0.5 US gal AdBlue costs about $17 each but they are easy to refill.

MY19 D5 SD4 SE
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

now you have the advantage over me , if I have t fill up in the winter I am prone to getting frost bite at -20C Very Happy

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum