Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) S Corris Grey

Pathfinder - East Midlands

Hi

Anyone know of an independent with a Pathfinder Tool located in the East Midlands ?.

I am replacing my Halogen Headlamps with LED's and wondered if the BCM can be recoded to accept the change.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi,

Have you checked if Halogens to LED requires no wiring changes? I'd be surprised if the wiring was the same between the two options. Also doubt pathfinder would allow you to swap that as its not a normal item even a dealer would be able to re-programme. Suspect you'd need to get into the cars CCF to make changes.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

You’d need an independent LR garage with normally a Faultmate or Autologic machine. These are the ones that are popular although other makes exist.

You’d also need the above companies to have developed the software to allow you to change the CCF, that hasn’t yet been done to my knowledge. As the D5 isn’t so popular, then I don’t think the rush is on.

I know with the D3/4 that there was no additional wiring or hardware required for the upgrade you’re thinking of, but it’s not to say you don’t need it this time round.

All in all, I think you’re on a hiding to nothing at the moment.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 

Having had a quick look at circuit diagrams there do appear to be differences between LED and Halogen lamps. There are things like height sensors etc which LED lamp has but Halogen lights dont show.
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 

Dangerdave wrote:

All in all, I think you’re on a hiding to nothing at the moment.

Installed today, needed some wiring changes and resistors putting in the indicator circuits, but all working fine.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 

wow well done. So did who ever fitted the lights make changes to the CCF of the car or did it work once plugged in? I assume this is the standard LED not the adaptive LED?
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 

Standard LED's, basically had to change the Pin 8 supply feed to a switched ignition feed rather than the BCM feed. (On Halogen wired vehicles, this switches off the DRL when you operate the indicators, on LED units the switching is done internally in the lamp unit and requires this supply to power the indicator LED driver)
    NO CCF programming was needed.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum