Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Vehicle Height

Just sharing this in case someone else finds it helpful.

I pulled out the tape measure and plank to measure the actual height of my D5 HSE.MY19 with roof rails.
    The on screen vehicle dimensions show 188cm for access height and 193cm for normal ride height.

My actual measurements for top of rails above the ‘C’ pillar and on top of the antenna.

Access height roof rails 1815mm and top of antenna 1840mm

Normal ride height roof rails 1855mm and top of antenna 1880mm

Now time to work out what roof racks I want.

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Hi Gavin, I have Thule roof bars and an awning attached to the passenger side. Car parks that indicate a max 2.1m hight are ok still with the suspension at normal ride height, however the car park under Thornleigh Woollies is too low now they put a hanging bar in front of it at 1.9m, even in access mode. Not sure what hit the bar but I would think it was the awning (no damage though, the bar is hanging from chains). Before they put that bar up I could get in fine, with suspension at normal height.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • gavinadams
    Australia 

Cool thanks Ron.

I’m still leaning towards front runner slim line 2 with the bolt on feet then put an oztent foxwing v2 on the passenger.
    Just need to bring on the tax return Very Happy

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • gavinadams
    Australia 

Just as an FYI
    spoke with the Aus local sales manager from Front Runner.
    The front runner slimline 2 rack with the bolt on feet adds 106mm combined to the top of the roof rails.

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

There are an increasing number of height barrier appearing in France that exclude `discos.

This one at the Louvre Gallery in Lens. Fortunately I google earthed the location (before making the 1 hour drive), as I was told there was limited street parking and to use their carpark......1.8m height barrier.
  • gavinadams
    Australia 

Wow 1.8m is low

You’d be getting a sore neck walking through that car park if you’re 5’11 or over

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Yeah...Probably explains the empty spaces in the photo.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum