Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• TheJR
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Braking Vibration

Picked my July 2018 3.0HSE up at the end of May. After a few days a noticed a vibration that seemed to be coming from the front passenger side when braking from speed (>50mph) Booked it in on Monday 17/6 and after much faffing about was told 24 hrs later it needed new front brake pads and discs.

I questioned this as car had only does 8.5k miles but was told this was within guidelines for wear and that it was going to cost me to replace them as "LR no longer provide a warranty on wear-able parts such as brakes". Suffice to say I soon disabused them of that notion and they agreed they would pay. I was then told that the parts were on 'back order' from the factory and it may be a week before they are in. Here we are 10 days later and the parts are not available which I find simply bizarre for such a common replacement part.

I am still driving the car as there was no noticeable lack of braking power and the problem is not even apparent at town speeds. Called three times in last two days to be told they would get back to me which, of course, they haven't.

Anyone else had this issue with the brakes?

I'll not bore you with the details but since the day after it was in I've also had the amber engine management light on for which it has been booked in twice with both appointments (today and next Tuesday) already being cancelled by the dealer due to unplanned unavailability of courtesy cars.

Tempted just to call the recovery service and let them sort it out now as I suspect its only a matter of time until the amber light start flashing and I lose power etc - which will inevitably happen at a most inconvenient time.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum