Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

It’s my Anniversary!

After lots & lots & lots of consideration...I changed my 2017 D5 HSE 2ltr for a spanking new 30th Anniversary edition...it has the absolutely superb sd6 3lt V6 306hp engine (which was a must have for me after suffering the laggy 2ltr engine!)
    The car comes with 22” wheels and the handling is far improved over my D5 on 20’s...doesn’t feel overly firm either, but really nice to get round bends without feeling like you are in a rowing boat...
    Colour is Loire Blue and I have added steps, Black gloss rails and black dynamic grill...Well chuffed with the look of her and I get lots of comments from admirers....more so than my previous corris grey one oddly.
    It has the new style steering wheel and full nav/meridian etc and I really like the black gloss dash/door trim...I really can say this car is a huge improvement over my D5 2ltr...the instant available power and smoothness of the newer sd6 v6 engine is amazing and was what I always felt the D5 Disco was missing!
    Also this MY19 D5 feels better put together than my previous MY17 D5, maybe they got the QC / inspection nailed nowadays.

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • Craigp
    England 

Excellent hand break demonstration as well. Shocked
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Congratulations Capt Pugwash. Lovely colour.

You seem like your Xmas has come early.
    Kid in a sweet shop comes to mind. Laughing

Yes I too had a 2 litre on loan for 2 weeks and had to rev it hard to safely overtake. Felt such a big, heavy car needed a bigger engine.

Looked at 30 year addition too, but puzzled it was not released in an Hse or Luxury spec, otherwise would have traded wife's one in.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 6th Jul 2019 10:00 am. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Craigp wrote:
    Excellent hand break demonstration as well. Shocked

I think he has had a tad few beers, celebrating his new motor, and was falling over when he took the photo Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

...I was listing the other way here... Laughing

I really like how those 22’s fill those arches...

Last edited by Capt Pugwash on 6th Jul 2019 10:15 am. Edited 1 time in total

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Totally agree with the 22's v 20's.
    Better stabilty and handling with a slightly firmer ride. Yes looks better when in access mode, fills arches nicely.
    Have you got the adaptive dynamics? Thumbs Up

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 6th Jul 2019 10:30 am. Edited 1 time in total

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

The ride on 22’s feels a fraction (and I mean a fraction) harsher than my 20’s did...but the handling is far far improved especially less roll through bends, she really feels a lot tighter handling vehicle compared to my D5 on 20’s...I don’t have adaptive dynamics and now feel it would have been money wasted compared to a set of 22’s to firm her up. These come as standard as part of the Anniversary edition.

Also...I can tell there is a lot more engine weight up front with the new sd6 v6 , my old D5 with the 2ltr ingenium engine felt extremely lighter up front and less planted....

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Am glad that I specced the 22's as I posted way back the demo car handled like a boat, whilst waiting for our car.

Some on forum said the same whilst others said there car was fine leading me too conclude that it must be the different tyre profiles.

Yes I did see 22's were standard spec on the 30th edition.

Now adaptive dynamics mixed with the 22's, that I would love too test drive. Laughing

I may ring up the garage and see if they have that combination on a demo car, and report back my findings.

Enjoy the car Thumbs Up

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 6th Jul 2019 11:02 am. Edited 2 times in total

• Labbix

will have the AD on my MY20, and once I’ve got it I will be very happy to comment about it, but will stick to the 20 inch, as I want to put decent off roaders on...

Congrats with the new lady!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum