Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MikeT
    Russia 

facelift soon?

Hey guys
    I’m coming back to the disco
    After owning several disco 3’s and 4’s I went for a FFRR supercharged and pretty much regretted it instantly.
    I just couldn’t get my head around the shape of the D5 at first which is why I opted for the Rangie.

I’ve finally come to my senses many will be ordering a D5 soon.

Anyway my question is this. Does anybody know of any significant facelifts or upgrades coming for the D5 in next 6 months or so?

Just looking to see when the best time is to place my order

Thanks in advance.
    Mike
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

They are always minor tweaks for each MY but there's no facelift planned until 2021/22 I don't think.
  • MikeT
    Russia 

Ok great.
    Minor tweaks I can live with. I just don’t want to be in a position of ordering then finding out if I’d have waited a short while I could’ve had some extra gizmo ar an improved something or other
  • Labbix

New engines MY21... ingenium 6 cylinders
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

so MY23 and the issues with the new engine will be sorted? (based on the TD6 its issues were sorted shortly after the SD6 replaced it!)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

Haha, 23 might be a bit optimistic!

The TD6 is more or less the same since 15 years Rolling with laughter

Only different setup, this to comply with emissions and yes the SD6 is back to a sequential turbo and solved the issues, although I doubt the TD6 really had issues (more software than hardware).

We all love our Landies because they are not perfect nor pretending to be, remember Wink
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

the alleged oil dilution issues only came in on the V6 with the TD6 didn't they? ie when the D5 was launched?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

The TD6 in the D5 was the first to measure it... and was probably a software error.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Yes it was with the Td6 and was finally fixed earlier this year with a software update.

Interestingly the SD6 had the same oil dilution problem in the Sport.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

SD4 you mean?

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Labbix wrote:
    The TD6 in the D5 was the first to measure it... and was probably a software error.

still amazing took them so long to fix it (especially after claiming the fix was only available for the 2018 models not the 2017)

The TD6 engine must have cost them a fortune, redesign to single turbo for 2017 to meet emissions requirements, 2 years later give in and put the SD6 from the RRS in its place, when it seems there was nothing worng in the first place. Having said that it is probably not costing them any more for the SD6 since it's in so many of their other vehicles which the TD6 wasn't.

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

The mono Tdv6 engine was also available in some markets in both Range Rover and the Sport, so it wasnt just developed for D5.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Landrover are not like Ford or Honda changing the cars every two years. The premium car makers like Jaguar Landrover, Audi, Mercedes and BMW give there car a face lift towards the halfway stage it its life.

Like the Range Rover Sport in 2018 new lights, bumpers front and back new dash, and the end of 2020 2021 there will be an all new Range Rover Sport. The big Range Rover Vogue is the same they refreshed that this year because there's a new coming. Just this year 2019 they have face lifted the Discovery Sport no doubt in about threee years they will bring out a all new one.

So I think we've probably got another three years before they facelift the Discovery 5, before they bring a 6 out. I hope so because I love driving a current model 👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

I asked my dealer this, he reckoned expect a mid cycle refresh my23 and likely it will be just like the D3 > D4 95% same car just exterior tweaks such as new lights, grills etc and tech upgrade inside such as 3rd lower console screen etc and then new engine options.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

RDR that sounds about right, and I would thought part electric for the Discovery 6 is bound to happen.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum