Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

So does that mean the standard shocks can be changed to something that gives some remote body control?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Possibly, but you'd also need all the relevant sensors and control systems.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Other than the dealers the ride/ handling is the one thing that would put me off buying another Disco. I should have insisted on an extended test drive not the 20 mins the dealer insisted on.

First car i have had that kids feel travel sick in as its so wallowy, which only gets worse with forward rear pitching when towing.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

My MY17 is a bit more wallowy than my old Touareg was for sure, but I didn't buy it to be a canyon carver. It's light years better off-road - the Touareg was good on steel springs, but the Landy is superb.

On road I just take it a bit slower in the twisty parts.

If you want an SUV that handles like a sports car, buy a Cayenne or a Stelvio QF or a RRS SVR or an F-Pace SVR - or better yet, an Audi RS6 Avant or AMG E63S - same practicality, less compromise.
  • beeker
    New Zealand 

Haha, already have the rs6, all I want is a disco (dirt road robust and big) that handles like our old Touareg we had.
    Will certainly check out the new adaptive dynamics option once it lands down here (soon).
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Wish we could get the RS6 Avant here....we can get the Merc but I prefer Audi estates/wagons. They just look more taut and muscular to me....

I test drove an RRS Td6 with the Adaptive Dynamics and it was nice. I don't really miss it in the D5, as I think they do come with cornering brake control, just nothing to adjust steering response or suspension valving, so while it rolls a bit it still turns nicely when you need to.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I cant really complain about the handling on mine, it's not a sports car and doesn't pretend to be. it can be pushed fairly enthusiastically around bends and corners and I'm sure it could be made to misbehave if pushed too hard. But I bought it for its spec, comfort, off road use , towing and relative performance for its size. If I had wanted something faster with 'performance' suspension, I would have got an SVR or something similar. It doesn't wallow or float or feel like a boat.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum