Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

Hi ..new to LR5 and have some noob questions

I have tried the manuals that come with the car but the describe every option like it is fitted to all cars so difficult to know if something should be on my car

I have a 2017 S spec 2.0 auto... Not as many toys as my Amarok highline that I traded but hey ho!

Power fold mirrors? They adjust like the book says but press both buttons nothing happens...i see no option in the setup for this either., should they fold?

Weird I don't have an upper glove box... Or slidy cupholders to reveal another compartment

I really don't mind having manually adjustable seats/steering wheel ...it seems a bit OTT to have all this stuff electric.

Our drive is quite a steep farm track... The disco seems to hesitate a bit coming off the flat and climbing the drive...something the rok never did -any advice ? (everything left in auto)

Are there any options that are just enabled in the software that just need enabling by a friendly dealer?

Bluetooth audio?...I have Spotify on my phone with music stored on it...phone paired with car OK (Android) every now and then it just loses Bluetooth music for a few minutes ... Phone still connected but not in audio section... Anyone else get this?

Anyway only had it a few days ..really happy with the mpg- 30% better than the rok
    Comfort is great.... Being half a metre shorter it fits in a few more parking spaces
    Much more convenient for the dog Wink Dog

There are a few items to buy...like rubber mats & bootliner

So hello from a person new to land Rover ownership
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I think you S model won’t have some of the functions you are finding in the handbook like the folding mirrors, likewise the upper glove box.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

There were a lot of software bugs in the early days, make sure your car has all the updates applied.
    That may fix your Bluetooth problems.
  • Craigp
    England 

Would certainly expect to be able to bring the wing mirrors in manually. Do they fold when you lock the car?
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I believe the auto wingmirror fold can be switched on or off by dealer - assuming it is available on this model.
  • Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

Dangerdave wrote:
    I think you S model won’t have some of the functions you are finding in the handbook like the folding mirrors, likewise the upper glove box.

Yeah I'm OK with it no being as well spec'd but it would be nice if the manuals told you what features were available in each spec ...
  • Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:
    Would certainly expect to be able to bring the wing mirrors in manually. Do they fold when you lock the car?

No ... Not at all...

If they won't fold manually... I'm guessing they can't be folded automatically either
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Wildboar wrote:

Yeah I'm OK with it no being as well spec'd but it would be nice if the manuals told you what features were available in each spec ...

I can email an electronic specification brochure if you PM me.
  • Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

Perfect...filled in some blanks there.... Thank you

It seems the 'S' does not power fold ... I'm sure I'll live Very Happy

Apart from the leather seats there isn't much to tell it apart from the SE to the untrained eye
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Slidey cupholders are only HSE/HSE Lux I believe.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

As for the "hesitation" coming from a flat road turning on to a hill, I have a similar situation. I find the car is in too low a gear and needs to shift down which takes a second or two to realise. You could manually drop it down a gear just before you turn onto the track and see if that cures it?

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

Hmmmm ...yeah ...that's about right ...
    I guess the Amarok gear selection must have been Bob on.. It barely noticed the change...
    It leaves me a little concerned for when we have snow... Bogging then surging is not ideal! Recipe for breaking traction.
  • greg-g
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Corris Grey

Re: Hi ..new to LR5 and have some noob questions

Wildboar wrote:

Our drive is quite a steep farm track... The disco seems to hesitate a bit coming off the flat and climbing the drive...something the rok never did -any advice ? (everything left in auto)

I'm sure its turbo lag. Its a small engine with a very high pressure turbo. I don't like it but you do get used to it. Its my only real complaint about the car.

MY19 D5 SD4 SE
  • Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

I tried it a few times forcing selection of 1st gear ....much better
    It must be selecting #2 based on the start from flat too soon ...the sudden increase in incline catches it out

The VW clearly copes much better with this scenario...

To be honest the amarok auto is a slicker set up in general
  • Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

Oops
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum