Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Slug
    United Kingdom 

I sort of agree with all of the above, but I just wonder if they are up to something as they have now released the Landmark Edition, which usually ties in with a significant update.
    Hope so.... Rolling with laughter
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

First of the L484 RRS was MY2014 was it not? With the major facelift for MY2018 and new model due for MY21/22?

I think the D5 facelift will be MY21, four years from introduction and 3-4 years before full replacement. A major facelift needs to be approximately midway through the full lifecycle in order to generate sufficient return on what it usually a major investment, and to give a shot in the arm for sales.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Labbix

I follow Equilibriums reasoning
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

I envisage a PHEV will be on the cards so guess we can expect to see mules with the electric vehicle warning signs and camo start appearing at some stage.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Yes both seem pursuable, I normally change my car every two to three years before they have lost to much money, we’ve had are Discovery for 18 months now. So I might keep it a bit longer, because it is a fabulous car and wait for the Discovery 6. I do fancy a hybrid but one which is designed from scratch rather than a after thought.

One thing I’ve realised if you buy a model when it’s just come on the market you can keep it for longer, if you enjoy driving a current model.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Speculation, no one knows.
  • Barry C
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I bet that it has a different design of tailgate. Very Happy Very Happy
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

still amazing they didn't actually design PHEV or similar into the D5 before it was released....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yeah, no PHEV does seem like missing the blindingly obvious.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

I asked about PHEV - dealers "theory" is its packaging issues with the 7 seats and they need to do something special if they want to retain the 3rd row.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

absolutely, on the RRS you can't have the extra seats on the PHEV for that very reason. But you'd have thought a pretty much clean sheet design released in late 2016 would have had it designed in. Now they have the issue that unless they have another major compromise it can't be included until a new Disco is launched. They will presumably therefore just launch a 48v system like the DS since that doesn't need large batteries due to the electric power not really doing a lot.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

Volvo got around it in the xc90 by using the motor as drive for the rear and the redundant transmission tunnel to house the batteries which thought was a pretty neat solution.

MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

Anybody heard any rumours about what next years facelift will be bringing?
    I’m guessing:
    New tailgate design
    New headlights/tail lights
    New sat nav as in new defender
    Few minor tweaks.
    Price Rise!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Mrs queried the instructor last week during the offroad session, with regards to a facelift. He has heard nothing with regards to any external changes. (That's not to say that there won't be any though).

However, internally, there will probably be changes he said, as LR are going PHEV, the floor pans are getting redesigned to accommodate the batteries.
    Not sure when these models will hit the showrooms.

(Probably changing the car in March 2021, as be 3 years old then, so don't want an older model, hence the reason we asked).

I think possibly get the lower touch screen dash as inthe Velar, along with the dreaded price hike Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

hmm probably means I should sell before the facelift, which will impact the used value of an original....

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum