Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mse
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

New day, new d5

Sad to say after 18500 trouble free miles my Nov 68 plate discovery 5, which was great, has gone on its journey to a new home...whoever gets it will have a good car, although its been used on the farm, off road, towing, motorway, city work absolutely everything its designed for - but im not sad to see it go

Click image to enlarge

Im not sad because its been replaced by this, despite both being HSE Lux (last one black this is the premium grey), this has all the options (and the last had a lot) i could tick, ticked...i have to say, its awesome, love it more than the last - new features are ace its now effectively able to drive itself and i love having 360 cameras back...all in brilliant! There werent any build issues with the last, but i can help but feel this none solihull car is built better too Shocked dual view front screen got my mate and the HUD is now essential!

It still doesnt have andriod or apple car play and i cant be bothered for an argument with the dealer, like the last time they didnt do it...what to do/what to say - i shouldnt have to pay

Click image to enlarge

Without doubt, the best Discovery ever owned and im close to saying the best land rover owned and ive owned all of them, some multiple times. I have to say, even if you are a d4 lover...get into one and try it for a bit - you wont go back. (I even sat in the 3rd row seats for a drive to see and they are all great)
  • Labbix

Good to hear, as I will, hopefully soon, go from a MY18 lux to a MY20 lux, with most of the options ticked as well!
    Very curious about the adaptive suspension (and a bit less about the difference TD6-SD6, although some extra torque is always nice!)
    I hope to have it in October...
  • mse
    United Kingdom 

Engine was/is the same on both and to be fair the suspension is also the same, it does feel a little better handling wise
  • Whippetman
    England 

Nice one Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • mse
    United Kingdom 

Thanks...still sad no fabled car play!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Is the smartphone pack still not standard on a 2019?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • mse
    United Kingdom 

I dont know in all honesty... mine still has in control apps - i thought that was replaced by car play/auto and expected it on the last and this one then for sure
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

No, my 2017 has Incontrol Apps , Apple carplay and Android Auto. Then for example when i plug in my phone it asked if i wanted ICA or AA as the default.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • mse
    United Kingdom 

it didnt come shipped though - the dealer added it i bet?

they want £ to add it to the last one.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Great choice mse - same colour as mine which is due next week. I'm looking forward to the HUD/360 etc.

What prompted you to change the previous one so quickly, lack of a particular option?

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, i thought until 2019 models it was dealer install only and they dont like doing it for free so i believe.

Mine did it without asking when updating the software from the 4 tile to 3 tile system. But i had complained so much about their service etc i assumebthey thought it would keep me quiet

• mse
    United Kingdom 

Change for us happens every 6-9 months but miles - i do do a few!

Im still surprised that car play wasnt on this, when the last one went in for a service i had the argument it should have had it and they tried to fob me off its chargeable on pre MY20 cars. Knowing this one was coming i left it but now this one doesnt have it, im back to square one. Im not going to pay for (nor can i really be bothered to take it to a dealer just for this) but i sense if i took it in again it would be another argument - they literally got all the service team to convince me it couldnt be done without paying for it and is only shipping with MY20 cars
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum