Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

adblu useage

Guys - whats everyone else seeing for adblu use on the 2 ltr.

Whilst I am really happy with the fuel economy, the adblu use seems excesive.

I put 12Ltrs (following the on screen warning) in at 3600 miles on 28th March (so can only assume it wasnt full from the start), but yesterday got the "add adblu " warning up saying 1450 miles to go, put in 12 ltrs. I have only done 9770 miles, and only 4 months from last fill up. As I had brought 2 10Ltr bottles in March, I put the 8 Ltrs I had left in last night.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Dunno, I’ve put in 24lts in 10,000 miles. Hadn’t really thought about it.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I think the owners guides suggest 1 litre per 300 - 500 miles dependant on driving style.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

so if I do assume mine was full at the start, 24ltrs in a nats under 10k miles is about the same as yours then DD.

Ah well - I guess after the D4 doing 16k miles between adblu fill ups, on the D5 this just seemed to come round a bit fast.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

whilst I have a TD6, I would say my use is c440 miles per Litre. It will be higher in the next few weeks as towing roughtly 2200 miles in next 3 weeks.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Yes, about the same. Surprising as my journeys tend to be hilly and single track.

The car just turned 10k a couple of days ago and I know exactly where I stood with the Ad Blue and I was putting out the empties, 2x10lts and I got a 4lt as it came with a special no spill nozzle that the 10lt cans didn’t.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum