Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• teaman
    United Kingdom 

New HSE Lux 3.0 D

Got my HSE Lux 3.0 D delivered the other week. Silver. Light Oyster interior and Dynamic Pack, 360 cameras, Drive Assist and Adaptive Dynamics.

Thought I would share some stuff back with the community.

* No regrets for downsizing to 20” (black) wheels. For kerbing protection, ride quality and better off-road potential.
    * Ride quality is great. The Adaptive Dynamics do a nice job of countering any diving under hard braking or body roll in corners.
    * Cruise control with steer-assist works better than I thought it would. Even in heavy traffic you can manage not to need to touch the accelerator, brake or steering wheel for many miles (although you have to keep at least a light grip on the wheel). Obviously it’s assistance not self-drive, treat it as such.
    * Loadspace Partition Net is very useful when you need to cram a lot into the boot. It stops anything flying forward in a crash.
    * All-Weather Car Cover fits nice and snug. It’s a soft material, keeps tree fallout off the vehicle well.
    * Protective Seat Covers (2nd row) again fits nicely, no baggy-bits. Feels like a tent material, so a bit slippy. Protects the rear of the seat backs as well.
    * Manufacturer info on accessories is poor. But if you go on http://accessories-instructions.landrover....-discovery there is all the instructions.
    * Got the car professionally detailed and XPEL films for bumper, wing mirrors and leading edge of bonnet (bikini cut). They work great at protecting all the high gloss black and you can’t see them. Will probably add protection films for the rocker covers shortly. [/list]
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Sounds great put some photos on👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Sounds like a fantastic car you've got there. Please don't think that with 20" wheels you're immune from getting kerb damage, I've got a rash on one rim already. I don't think it will buff out...

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

at the risk of changing the situtation....my 20" black wheels have made it through 14000 miles in the last 9 months unscathed. (whereas my old car which had 255/40 x20 and other half's with 215/35 x 17 look like a scene from "The Rats" the amount of nibbles out of them.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • PT
    United Kingdom 

How does the Loadspace Partition Net fit?
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

Detailer photos
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

PT wrote:
    How does the Loadspace Partition Net fit?

If you take a look at the instructions link I posted originally it has the details on there, but basically it clicks into the mounts at the top of each pillar and has straps which tension to the d-loops on the boot floor.
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

I hear you both on the wheels, 20” gives me a bit more peace of mind but obviously not immunity and in any case the tire itself is more exposed.
  • PT
    United Kingdom 

I did click that link but it's the only item that doesn't have fitting instructions - but that did mean I realised that something else wasn't with my car so may just have one by the end of next week.
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

It’s oddly named and different to the catalogue item name - here it’s called “soft cargo barrier” - http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2016990
  • Labbix

Thanks Teaman, was looking for this as well and saw it was missing, but of course it was my mistake thinking JLR would use the same name as in their configuration Wink

But it’s actually surprisingly good they at least have such a site with all the info! Thumbs Up
  • PT
    United Kingdom 

Thanks teaman - much better and easier to remove than the dog guard type partitions
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum