Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Alski
    Northern Ireland 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Silicon Silver

EML ON - NO OTHER SYMPTOMS

As per the title my EML has just come on - I have no other symptoms, everything else seems fine and I have no loss of power.( Car is MY17 HSE SD4)

Any suggestions?

I have an Icarsoft2 that I bought for the Discovery 4 - Would this be OK to plug into the 5 to run a quick generic scan?

Thanks

Al
  • solihull
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

I had something similar about 6 weeks ago, EML came on out of the blue, It was RED with a "restricted performance" every now and again but he car ran ok.

LR Assist said EGR Cooler, supplying dealer did nothing but clean the egr valves. Needless to say was back in there the next day. Turned out to be the exhaust sensor. Now back to normal
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Unfortunately some EML faults on the D5 are not recognised by normal software and require D5 specific tools, You may find that standard tools can delete stored codes but apparently there may be a record kept of the incidents. which Land Rover can view via 'deep interrogation'.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Alski
    Northern Ireland 

Quick update - I ran the Icarsoft in generic mode but it didn't show any faults - I was feeling brave by this stage so ran it in D4 mode - Again no faults noted.

I then went back to generic mode and told it to "Clear Faults". I then started the car and the fault was gone. that was on Friday - Haven't driven too much over the weekend (3 or 4 journeys) but so far so good....
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Exactly what i said in my post. Weird or what? How can it erase something that isn't apparently there? But it does.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Sorry, What’s EML?

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Alski
    Northern Ireland 

EML - Engine Management Light
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Thanks

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum