Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Tempted
    United Kingdom 

Replacement dynamic wheel arch trim

Hi,

Not happy this morning following an altercation en route to work with another vehicle who didn't believe it to be necessary to look in his mirrors before overtaking Censored

There's a bit of body work to be painted along with a wheel refurb. I can get those sorted, but my main issue is the passenger side rear wheel arch trim, which is never going to be the same again. Does anyone know the part number for the dynamic wheel arch trims? Can they be bought separately? I've Googled, but what I seem to find are 3rd party parts or salvaged ones that are likely as bad as what I have already.

Many thanks for any help.
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

Couldn't find it online, but Duckworth were able to find it via the VIN number. LR106669 if anyone ever needs one.

Please feel free to close.
  • maybebaby
    United Kingdom 

Re: Replacement dynamic wheel arch trim

Tempted wrote:
    Hi,

Not happy this morning following an altercation en route to work with another vehicle who didn't believe it to be necessary to look in his mirrors before overtaking Censored

There's a bit of body work to be painted along with a wheel refurb. I can get those sorted, but my main issue is the passenger side rear wheel arch trim, which is never going to be the same again. Does anyone know the part number for the dynamic wheel arch trims? Can they be bought separately? I've Googled, but what I seem to find are 3rd party parts or salvaged ones that are likely as bad as what I have already.

Many thanks for any help.

Why are not just letting your insurance sort it out? Thats what they are for.
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

Because my excess will be more than the cost of the work and I'll then have a claim, which will increase my premium next year and for the next 5 years.
  • maybebaby
    United Kingdom 

Must be a very high excess, given you mention the car needs painting, that at least 1K from any dealer.. Personally i would not look to repair anything like a high value car myself, get the professionals todo it
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The main dealer would charge a £1,000 and then send it to a local body shop.

I had a similar incident recently and the local body shop got the paint from his mate at LR and I supplied the trim.
    It cost me far less that £1,000.
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

maybebaby wrote:
    Must be a very high excess, given you mention the car needs painting, that at least 1K from any dealer.. Personally i would not look to repair anything like a high value car myself, get the professionals todo it

It will be done by a professional and I would fully expect it to be a better job than whatever bodyshop my local LR would have appointed, for probably a 3rd of the price too.

I thought the days of sending your car into the dealer and thinking they were anything other than just another garage with inflated prices were over, but obviously not.
  • maybebaby
    United Kingdom 

As long as they can also sign off on the anti corrosion warranty then all good, in my view insurance all sorted and warranty not an issue, also if its financed by LR then they would also expect a LR dealer to deal with it.
    However, why are you not getting the other part to sort this given you indicated you are not a fault, that way nothing out of your pocket..
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

As mentioned, the other party didn't stop and so they will not admit fault - which is what would be required for a no fault claim. Lets assume there isn't any evidence either way, which would mean the insurance company would never agree to a no fault claim, would they? I would therefore have to pay my excess (£450) and suffer 5 years worth of increased premiums.

It's all immaterial anyway, as I don't need advice on when/how/why to claim on my insurance.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

is this any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-LAND-RO...Swti5cgYAV

it doesnt say if its front or rear though

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

if its arch trim, alloy refurb and body paint, then I suspect it was a bit more than a 'kiss' from the other vehicle. I would look at wheel alignment also.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum