Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• LPan
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

It's really annoying to be honest. It's the noise the centre console makes when you press hard on any of the trim, a creaking noise. It happens when the car turns a corner, or just every so often. Like when the interior is under stress.

I just fear that If I take it in to for LR to check it will come back worse!
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Sell it. It's the only real fix.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I have heard that sprinkling baby talcum powder will eliminate any creaks n squeaks Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • LPan
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Do you not get any creaks on your MY17?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Only my knees Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • kharvel13
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Santorini Black

My D5 is by far the creakiest vehicle I have ever owned. I am periodically removing the dash pieces and trying to reinforce them with electrical tape or other sound dampeners in an attempt to limit the creaks. It has helped some, but I can't believe these "luxury" vehicles have interior parts that are so poorly made. I'm trying to put some felt bumpers between certain parts where they make contact as well.

My door trim also creaks! I'm having the dealer fix or replace the vertical flashing/trim on both the driver and passenger door as it it so loose that it wobbles and creaks every time the door is opened. Just ridiculous with a vehicle that costs so much.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

I spent a whole Saturday squirting a Silicon spray into every plastic/plastic joint, nook and cranny on my previous car. Eventually I got most of the offending creaks sorted. I did however still have to resort to thumping the dashboard periodically to ‘reposition’ things.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum