Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Nice! Looks like fun and a good test for the Vehicle aside from the Moist conditions of the UK... Rolling Eyes

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Goodyear AT Adventure - anyone tried it yet??

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Goody...Tested.htm
  • Labbix

Biggest size is 19 inch, but I suppose most disco5 owners have 20 inch and above...
  • pouls1
    Sweden 

https://www.giga-tyres.co.uk/goodyear/wran...r-289444ga

Just as a sample of one place where they have 275/55-20 Smile
  • Labbix

You are correct, it goes till 20 inch, the article you mentioned earlier was wrong stating max size was 19.

Seems a good tyre!
  • Labbix

• LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

Honestly don't know why you'd fit anything else then GG At3's. (unless you need MT or never need AT)
    Ive had a fair few Thousand K's out of mine and mostly Motorway.
    Very Quiet, i reckon you wouldn't even know they are AT's.
    Ratings are correct etc.

No Brainer for me.

• Labbix

Lancslad

How are the GG3 on water? Reason I ask is I had the previous version of GG on my D4 and had too much aqua planning. Swapped to the Duratrecs and these were a lot better. But never had the GG3, but did read some good comments on them.
  • pouls1
    Sweden 

Labbix wrote:
    Although less good reviews as well: https://www.whichcar.com.au/gear/wheels-ty...-test-2019

Whoops - that doesn't look good.

My driving will amount to 90% on the pavement... there is no mud in sight and it will be a combination of gravel roads and more rocky trails, but no rock climbing.

Strange though, that two tests will judge a tire so totally differently... The last one is performed on a pick up...

Initially I looked at the KO2 (still do), then I saw that Land Rover themselves has the camouflaged, new Defender on Duratracks at the Goodwood festival and though if they consider that the thing, who am I to argue.

The KO2 is getting real old - and I guess the Duratrack does too... General Grabber is a stranger in my neck of the woods. Then there is Yokohama Geolandar and the new Pirelli Scorpion AT that is available..

Maybe it is the good old guys that still rules... Very Happy
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

Labbix wrote:
    Lancslad

How are the GG3 on water? Reason I ask is I had the previous version of GG on my D4 and had too much aqua planning. Swapped to the Duratrecs and these were a lot better. But never had the GG3, but did read some good comments on them.

Seem fine, yes i prefer these to the old GG.
    Had a lot of heavy rain lately here and no dramas.

• LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

pouls1 wrote:
    Labbix wrote:
    Although less good reviews as well: https://www.whichcar.com.au/gear/wheels-ty...-test-2019

Whoops - that doesn't look good.

My driving will amount to 90% on the pavement... there is no mud in sight and it will be a combination of gravel roads and more rocky trails, but no rock climbing.

Strange though, that two tests will judge a tire so totally differently... The last one is performed on a pick up...

Initially I looked at the KO2 (still do), then I saw that Land Rover themselves has the camouflaged, new Defender on Duratracks at the Goodwood festival and though if they consider that the thing, who am I to argue.

The KO2 is getting real old - and I guess the Duratrack does too... General Grabber is a stranger in my neck of the woods. Then there is Yokohama Geolandar and the new Pirelli Scorpion AT that is available..

Maybe it is the good old guys that still rules... Very Happy

KO2 are very old now, new ones supposed to be awesoeme..

Duratrac deffo look nice but the ratings arent good enough yet...Intrigued why Landrover are using them?
    but they do look awesome, had a run out with a mate of mine who has them on a pickup and they did perform well.

• pouls1
    Sweden 

Just surprised to see them on a new development... Maybe it is an upgraded version of some sort - didn't get to close of a look. Then I see that the videos from the testing in Moab, I think, was performed with another tire with a lesser thread pattern - which was how I initially started looking at the Goodyear Adventure tire... Full circle Laughing
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

M/T tires (DuraTracs) are supposed to be an upgrade option on the new Defender. The standard AT option looks to be Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar, which are a great AT tire. May go back to those after the Cooper Discoverer AT3s I'm running give out.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum