Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Graym
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Ah Well I’ve done it now!

Ah well I’ve done it now! fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed it’ll be OK

On the 27th Oct 2018 4:52 pm someone put in writing on the forum for all to see and read

“I refuse to be treated by a vehicle manufacturer and dealership the way I have been so I won’t be buying JLR again as long as I have a hole in my Censored Censored “ ( Whistle yes I admit it….It was me)

I am now on the waiting list to have my hole sown up, due to the below Big Cry

I’ve gone further up the M6 North this time and the dealership appear to be almost too good to be true (time will tell) I have placed an order for a MY2019 Discovery 5 SDV6 (built in July 2019) for a HSE Luxury, Dynamic Pack 2 in Yulong White – Metallic with a few extras and strangely built at Solihull (checked and verified with my secret undercover agents)
    After my last one I really hope this is a keeper and doesn’t cause me as much stress as last time
    Should only be a week or so until I get it and I’ll post some photos

I do feel a little anxious though because the Audi has been faultless in every way from day one

I'm back 😬- MY2019 HSE Luxury 3L SDV6 with Dynamic Pack 2 in Yulong white 🤞
    Audi Q7 Vorsprung 3L Supercharged black edition- every conceivable extra - why do I miss my Discovery? MY2017 HSE Luxury 3L TD6 black edition, even has a tele 😍 - sadly rejected
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

It’s not Guy Salmon, Stockport?
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Hopefully you'll be Ok with your next Discovery, we've had our car for two years and only had one problem with the Windscreen which they replaced. I've still got 12 months warranty left so fingers crossed i will have trouble free motoring.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Nice one, sounds lovely! Also seems strange that they were still building MY19s in July, but that's Solihull I guess, very interesting.

Now I have to go and find that original post to read Laughing

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Graym
    United Kingdom 

Dangerdave wrote:

No not that far up the M6, just junction 13 Stafford. I don't want to be too far away from the dealership when I need to keep taking it back.

Note to self........I do need to be more positive about having another one Laughing

Audi Q7 Vorsprung 3L Supercharged black edition- every conceivable extra - why do I miss my Discovery? MY2017 HSE Luxury 3L TD6 black edition, even has a tele 😍 - sadly rejected
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Fingers crossed for you...

But please explain the line in the sig... why do you miss your Discovery? What was the Audi missing?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Graym
    United Kingdom 

Chalkey wrote:
    Hopefully you'll be Ok with your next Discovery, we've had our car for two years and only had one problem with the Windscreen which they replaced. I've still got 12 months warranty left so fingers crossed i will have trouble free motoring.

I was always envious of owners who had trouble free cars so hopefully i can be one of them with this one

• Graym
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium wrote:
    Nice one, sounds lovely! Also seems strange that they were still building MY19s in July, but that's Solihull I guess, very interesting.

Now I have to go and find that original post to read Laughing

Oh the JLR smoke and mirrors.
    !st July 2109 built in the UK, i said to the sales person at Land Rover they're built in Slovakia now.......Not yours its a UK built car at Solihul . So i am very confused Rolling Eyes

Its a good horror story if you're reading it, not so good if you're living and breathing it, get some popcorn you maybe a while Laughing

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Graym wrote:
    Dangerdave wrote:

No not that far up the M6, just junction 13 Stafford. I don't want to be too far away from the dealership when I need to keep taking it back.

Note to self........I do need to be more positive about having another one Laughing

OH hate to throw a spanner in the works but after seeing the work they do I would not trust them with my car.
    Friends D4 broke down in France two weeks ago folowing full service and bet change.
    Lots of pipes not fitted back on, battery terminals loose and various other issues.
    It was transported back to UK fo them to sort, they said they had but while they were delivering it back it broke down again, they could not fix it so got LR assistance out to fix it!!!!

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Graym
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the information

Well that's my nervous energy increased 10 fold, surely there must be one good dealership in the West Midlands

OMG Censored Censored Censored what have i done and i haven't even got the blasted thing yet

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Am sure all will be fine, Graym.
    The jump from the Lemon MY17 we had, to the MY18 was like chalk and cheese. MY19 models seem even more improved, so my guess is your onto a winner Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Graym
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Road Runner,
    a bit of positivity in my hour of need Laughing

That was pretty much my reasoning when i was looking around, everyone of the build/quality issues i had on my last one has been addressed either by redesign or a more effective way of doing it

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

747_JK wrote:
    Fingers crossed for you...

But please explain the line in the sig... why do you miss your Discovery? What was the Audi missing?

I'm still intrigued... Please do explain? I discounted the Audi as I didn't like the styling, but why did you opt to not continue with it? Be great to know - and good luck with the new motor. I hope you have a first class build this time around.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Graym
    United Kingdom 

I’ll do my best and be as brief as I can

I initially test drove the Mercedes GLS, BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Audi Q7 and Discovery 5 and that’s about how I ranked them with the Audi Q7 in second place. When the Discovery rejection was finalised it seemed logical in my mind to have the second placed car on my list when I test drove them all (plus I was so so very annoyed at the way I had been treated by Land Rover – in hindsight that was a big contributing factor as well)

My thoughts were when buying the Audi go for every option you can afford and as it turned out it was the top spec I ended up having (well apart from the SQ7 I suppose) The first thing I noticed was the driving position height wise, even though It certainly has road presence and size it does sit lower to the ground even in off road mode which bounces you all over the place. The interior is very matter of fact and clinical, which after having the Discovery was very refreshing but functional and not that inspiring even with all the tech it has (no pleasing some people) The build quality in the Audi is exceptional and everything works all the time every time and if Audi built the Discovery’s they would clean up I’m sure.

I suppose to summarise (and this is harsh I know) lack of character and just didn’t gel with it plus I didn’t get that wow felling when I got into the Discovery, even though I was probably taking it to get things repaired

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I never take a test drive in a car.

Buying SWMBO another car, due 1/9 or 2/9, and again no test drive.

I don’t even see one close up and personal. I do read up on the specs, but that’s about it.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum