Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Finally ordered MY20 lux Swiss specs

After almost a year and a half in my MY18 lux I will be swapping it for a brand new MY20 Swiss spec HSE lux with most boxes ticked! Curious to see/feel the difference in engine (TD6 vs SD6) and the real difference the adaptive suspension will make on the D5. And of course wondering if the Nitra plant will have a better quality check than my current one had. Although meanwhile everything possible is sorted and I still love the car, otherwise wouldn’t have gone for a second D5 Wink Build date confirmed November 15 if all goes well!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Well as its the Swiss specification, I hope its not got holes in it just like the Swiss 🧀 Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Do you get a free army knife as well? Laughing

Looking forward to the photos, and I hope its alot more reliable than your MY18.

Differences, improvements or negatives between the MY20 v MY18 be appreciated.

Going from posts on here, the new diesel engine and adaptive dynamics are a big improvement.

Still to test the new diesel and adaptive dynamics, but I think we will be ticking the box if the ride quality is better which am sure it is. Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Congratulations!
  • Labbix

Thanks, actually it was quite a search to have the UK specs, but with steering wheel not at the right: Albania no option, Poland no ACP nor Android Auto, Germany no HUD, Belgium no remote starting, ... so finally they (JLR itself) found it in Switzerland, although I think the remote starting might still give them an issue as I believe Switzerland doesn’t allow running engines without driver either (although it’s for immediate export to Albania where there is no law about this, so maybe possible from the factory). Time will tell! Once I have driven the car a while, will post my honest opinion on the differences.

Last edited by Labbix on 12th Sep 2019 7:50 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • pouls1
    Sweden 

Labbix wrote:
    Thanks, actually it was quite a search to have the UK specs, but with steering wheel not at the right: Albania no option, Poland no ACP nor Android Auto, Germany no HUD, Belgium no remote starting, ... so finally they (JLR itself) found it in Switzerland, although I think the remote starting might still give them an issue as I believe Switzerland doesn’t allow running engines without driver either (although it’s for immediate export to Albania where there is no law about this, so maybe possible from the factory). Time will tell! Once I have driven the car a while, will post my honest opinion on the differences.

Interesting... what is UK spec and steering wheel not on the right - I mean what differs, for us ignorants Very Happy
  • Labbix

UK seems to be, for me at least, the almost only country where you can get all the options and trim that JLR has foreseen for the car. Don’t know why as they advertise worldwide with all the top specs, but the customer only finds out later they are actually not available in his/her specific country... here we can't officially get internet connection/WiFi, so no apps at all and no map planning, no live traffic, SOTA, nor head up display, Apple CarPlay and so on, although they sell it as HSE Lux for almost (currency change depending) the same price. So this time I asked them specifically for all the goodies, as I do pay the price, and they had to make a rather big (taking months and JLR approval needed to import a car into another market than foreseen) effort to make this happen. We’ll see what I finally get in December Thumbs Up
  • pouls1
    Sweden 

I’m sure you’ll be happy as a kid in a candy store 😀
  • Labbix

I sure was happy as a kid in front of an almost opening candy store, but just canceled the order as we were asked to move to Tanzania next summer, so RHD in stead of LHD and even a full spec UK car not possible as Euro6 engines will fail in Africa according to JLR... So now we are on the search what the specs are for Eastern Africa (most probably the South African ones as part of the Sub Sahara market) which means no SD6... but back to the TD6 and I wonder it will have adblue Wink or ACP or ...
    I did get an answer though why some markets do not have ACP and so on, because of the data protection as in some markets it is not allowed to send personal data to servers abroad.
    But at least the Discovery 5 will be able to prove me how good it really is for the things it should be made for: African Off Road, already lookin forward to it !
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum