Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Disco discount

I am in the market for a new Disco so was delighted that when I got a mail shot from my dealer advising me that I was a VIP and was eligible for a "special deal". I went to get a quote. Having given them business for some 15 new cars and the associated trade-ins for many years, I thought my loyalty was finally going to bear fruit. I should have known better. Their special deal was just over 4% discount on the base price and full price on the options.

So, I tested Carwow and a dealer who didn't know me fro Adam, offered 8% across the board, options included. So much for being seen as a VIP. Soft touch more like!

Anyway, here's the good news. At the same time, my Caravan Club magazine arrived and coincidentally, buried deep in the pages was an advert from JLR offering 10% across the whole deal. All I had to do was print the agreement and show it to the dealer, which I did. Of course, they pleaded ignorance but after their management made some calls, they agreed to honour the deal. New Disco coming in October!!

Moral of the story, join the Caravan Club for ยฃ50, get the voucher and get 10% off!!

Hope this is useful to someone.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

What a great post!

Wish I couldโ€™ve done that... but since not in the UK... Very Happy
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Top result! You must be well chuffed.

Wonder how that compares to the NFU discount?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition โ€“ Santorini Black โ€“ Ebony Windsor Leather โ€“ 21โ€ Style 5025 gloss black wheels โ€“ 21โ€ full size spare tyre โ€“ Black roof rails โ€“ Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Hc76
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

NFU is currently 9% from Landrover plus 3% from dealer - but you should be able to get the dealer to give more than this.
  • joness7
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Santorini Black

I got more than 20% off list by taking a 2 month old, 10 mile pre-registered D5 SE Anniversary. Didnโ€™t have a choice of colours or spec, but it did everything I needed.

Donโ€™t rule out pre-reg ones!!
  • globalste
    United Kingdom 

there is an online-only LR dealer on Carwow who offers some fairly hefty discounts, offered me nearly 12% off a new model DS Sport but I found an "ex-demo" Disco5 that had everything on it that I wanted and in the colour I wanted so I plucked for that instead.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum