Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

4 wheel alignment

I like to get my tracking done on a regular basis and after 6 months of ownership I thought it was time to get it checked. I have booked it in at lunchtime today on a Hunter 4 wheel alignment centre. quick question, should the car be in Normal ride height when it is checked as surely in access mode it will be different angles etc? They may ask for it to be in a certain ride height but just wanted to arm myself with info if needed.

Thank you in advance.

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I would have thought the techie would know which ride height. On previous discos it is supposed to be in tight tolerance mode, but I don't know if this applies to D5.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

I had it done yesterday. I have been back to LR twice about tracking since I bought it as a AUC. What a difference. Both the tow and camber on front and rear were out. It drives fantastically now and is what it should be. Annoyed with my stealer. I normally get my tracking done regularly anyhow on my daily drives and so glad I did. If you buy used, worth checking.

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • globalste
    United Kingdom 

Where did you get yours done miles? I normally have mine done on a Hunter machine but they were struggling to get it done and said they couldn’t adjust the camber or something?

2017 HSE Dynamic
  • LR Max
    United States 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Just had a similar problem. Find a shop that can "scan" your VIN barcode and get the exact specifications. I noticed a huge difference between shops that had, and did not have this.

Also make sure your "auto access height" is turned off. Its in the dash menu.
  • Keith
    United Kingdom 
    2021 Discovery Td6 SE Santorini Black

Wheel Alignment

Hi
    Had mine back to the dealer a couple of weeks back due to tracking clearly not correct. Came back in a worse state. Took it to CLCM in Edinburgh and had it set.
    I did have the D5 in TT mode, but. before going I checked to see if the D5 dropped when engine turned off, hight stayed the same, so I took the risk.
    Glad to report all is great.

Last edited by Keith on 14th Dec 2022 9:40 am. Edited 1 time in total

keith
    D5 R-Dynam SE D300 MY21, 21" Wheels, Sant Black, and a reasonable selection of toys.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Forgive my ignorance but why would a vehicle supposedly built for rough terrain use need to have its tracking and wheel alignment checked routinely? I would, perhaps naively, have expected the engineering around the very parts subjected to the most rigour, would be robust enough to withstand misalignment.

I’ve never had mine checked in 25k. Tyres look to have uniform wear. Haven’t felt or noticed anything

Were you experiencing some sort of steering ‘feel’ or performance ‘drop off’, to give a clue something was wrong …..for it to be noticeable better afterwards?
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum