Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

Car wasn't delivered

Car was due to dealership today and basically didn't show up.

At time of order, our delivery estimate to dealer was 26th July, which moved out to 29th last week (so you'd think this would be quite accurate since the car is confirmed built and ready to go).

Just seems really bizarre that the dealer have no visibility on where the car is/knowledge of exactly when it's going to show up. They haven't had any news today, and they're only "hopeful" that it'll turn up tomorrow instead, but this has knocked our delivery date out by almost a week since it's being trailered to our house (would love the full LR experience, especially since it's our first one, but we have a nearly two y/o and a 4 week old...so it just won't be practical for us).

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    What was your sort of wait if this happened?
    Did it show next day/so?

20MY Si4 SE in Eiger Grey/Black Pack/Black Alloys
  • Liftman
    United Kingdom 

Dealer won't have any visability of where it is until the car lands at a uk port.

We ordered two at work, one pretty much came on time the other was two weeks late.

Discovery Commercial 5, HSE, Narvic Black, Black Pack, Black 20", Ebony Headliner, Electric Towbar
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Similar here Bob. Mine was built by the 12th July.

Last Monday my sales guy was hopeful I could have it by last Friday. That hope soon faded.

In their today returning a lovely loan Disco and the sales manager told me my car was not on site yet, but could turn up any minute. A quick check of the computer and it’s being shown for delivery 2nd August. I’m not holding my breath, another week and I will ask to delay for the new registration instead.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

By the way, mine has been in the UK for ten days or so.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

Mine was delayed 6 - 8 weeks due to (so i was told) WLTP phase 2 certification and that it was affecting all JLR vehicles. Mine was delivered 3 weeks ago.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

7 weeks late even though assured March 1st 2017. Arrived 3/4 way through May.

Garage could not inform me what the issues were, as it was sat in the compound all that time.

The cursed thing broke down before I even got home. Makes me wonder what the fault was and if they investigated it thoroughly enough before releasing it.

I would not hold your breath, as probably better off waiting for the 69 plate, plus probably a back log for all the new regs due in just over a months time.

Replacement car was on time for March 2018 delivery though and no major issues touch wood Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

@Liftman - already confirmed in the UK, but the dealer just don't seem to know any more than the day (and obviously that was missed without it being updated again).

@Equilibrium - madness, ours has apparently been here 2 weeks, will see what he says tomorrow as to whether the date has updated on the system or not. Will post back once I know more, fingers crossed it just turns up, but agree if it keeps getting delayed then makes you want it to tip into 69 plate that much more.

@teaman - quite a wait! Glad you have it now though, enjoying it?

@Road Runner 2017 - not what you want! Seems like you may have been a bit of an anomaly and they knew something was up with your car!

Let's see what tomorrow brings then...

• BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

Quick update - car was delivered late on this afternoon!

Not enough time to get it through the workshop to get the side steps fitted for delivery on Friday, but trying to figure out going to pick it up on Saturday, rather than wait for delivery the following Wednesday. Goes without saying there was a request for more fuel than the standard £30 be put in, since they won't have the ~100 mile here and back to do with it - "not a problem".

Looking forward to it now that there's light at the end of the tunnel Smile thanks for the responses yesterday!

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I was informed when mine rolled off the production line. Then once mine was on a ship, I received the ship's name and was given access to a ship tracker which showed it as it crossed the high seas, went through the Panama Canal, and landed at port in California. Then I had no insight until the dealer gave me a ring and said it was ready for pickup, which was about 2 weeks after it landed in California, including dealer prep and PDI.

They told me while it was on the car carrier ship that they couldn't tell when it would leave port as there were over 3,000 vehicles on the ship, it takes 2 days to take all the vehicles off (LIFO), then they would have to inspect it at port and schedule it for a car trailer, and there would be other dealers in the Southwest that would be getting vehicles delivered along the way to mine.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

No delay here. I have absolutely no patience, so it’s probably as well.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

@bobdisco - glad that yours has turned up!

Mine is not at the dealer yet, expected by the end of the week...hmmm.

My factory order BMW was 14 days from build to keys in my hand. I was able to track that car every step of the way, including it being on transporters in this country. JLR are....different!

• rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Where does the boat go from and to that brings them to the uk? I've been told mine's on the ship tomorrow. The dealer has said it could be ready a week after it lands.

MY17 Carpathian Grey HSE TDV6, MY18 Indus Silver HSE Lux TDV6. MY20 Lux sd6 Eiger Grey
  • Lotusdmc
    United Kingdom 

I think mines on the same 'ship' however not sure how you get a boat to Slovakia! It's landlocked. I assume they mean 'Shipped' as in its on a vehicle transporter?

MY20 HSE Lux Si4, Carpathian Grey, Light Oyster, Extended Leather, Dynamic Pack 1, Black Roof, Black Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, 22inch Wheels, Park Heat, 3rd Row Heated Seats
  • rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

That's what I thought when they told me, I can only think it they meant it had been transported by road to a port.

MY17 Carpathian Grey HSE TDV6, MY18 Indus Silver HSE Lux TDV6. MY20 Lux sd6 Eiger Grey
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

This makes me laugh because I work for the company that owns the ships that bring LRs (and other makes) from the continent to the UK. We used to bring them from the UK to Europe, but now it goes the other way.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum