Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Dealer woes

Hello all,

I am writing here to tell anyone that reads this site to avoid the LR dealer(s) in Luxembourg as if they are the plague. I am talking about the Arnold Kontz garage (if anyone here knows it).

Here is a shortened version of my story.

Puchased a 2017 D5 HSE Lux as a new vehicle in March 2019. Vehicle was specially prepared with LR Versatile Roof Rack, 4 VisionX Spot lights on rack, off-road rims/tires etc. Looked fantastic.

2 weeks after receiving it, I noticed that there was some small problems with it. Nothing major, but small things that shouldn't have been like this on a new vehicle. Example: the rubber round the sun-roof was ripped. One of the head-rests for the read seats didn't go down electronically.

As I said... nothing drastic, but still things that needed sorting out.

I made an appointment for these things. Left the car for 3 days. Collected it, and they hadn't actually solved anything. The sunroof seal was still ripped. They had only replaced one side, not both. There was no way that the mechanic hadn't noticed... he was simply too lazy. The head-rest was "out of stock" and so would have to wait.

A while later, I was planning on going on holiday, and I needed to put a roof box on the car. Before purchasing the car, I had asked if it was possible, and of course the salesman had said "yes".

When I tried... roofbox won't fit.

Took car to dealer, and they also tried (and failed) to fit a roof box.

Ended up having to take roofrack off, spot-lights off, and put raid-rails back on, and now I can fit the roof rack.

I have asked if they will take the roof-rack back, and they have refused!!

The car was just in the garage for 3 days (again) to resolve the head-rest, and sunroof seal. I also asked that they check out a rattle, and also do the firmware updates.

Collected the car, and the claim to have done everything, but... software update... not done... rattle... not done.

I have also discovered that when I bought the car, it would not have passed the "Control Technique" (equivalent to MOT) because of the spots on the roof!! They sold the car to me like this, and never told me that to take it for the check, I would have to take the spots off the car!!

And they are not even willing to discuss anything!!

So... if you are ever in Luxembourg and need a LR dealer.... GET OUT OF LUXEMBOURG... go to Germany, France or Belgium. They are ALL better than these thieves here at Garage Kontz in Luxembourg.

Note: All the above is my opinion, and is not to be taken as written fact.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum