Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Winter Whee;s/Tyres

Hi all,

Anyone have good recommendations for winterwheels and tyre package? Would like to stay OEM for the wheels, perhaps just drop down to the 18/19" wheel size and grab some General Grabbers? We're off to the alps in Feb and obviously our winter here too with the vehicle up to horse yards, etc.

Thanks
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

I ran grabbers on the D4, for winter i wouldn't buy them specifically. I used to switch to wintrac extremes the Grabbers didn't give me confidence on the slippery stuff especially when braking.

Need to look into something suitable for the D5 myself soon.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The Grabber AT3 is available in standard size 255/55R20 and has the 3 peak snow rating. I ran them last winter but never really got the weather to put their snow rating to the test.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I always recommend Nokian Hakkapelliitta R2 SUV (probably have too many consonants in that spelling). Best non-studded snow tire bar none. Would have them for my D5 but they perennially sell out here in the US. Bought Hankook I*Pike RW11, as the tread was closest to the Hakkas, but the difference is startling...the Hankooks are sufficient, but nothing compared to the Hakkas. Nokian must use Finnish elf magic or something, I don't know how they do it. They're like tank treads, but at the same time you get a 2-3mpg improvement on dry roads over an AT tire.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum