Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Light mount alternatives

Lucky8's light mounts are "no cut", which is what I would demand from any mount I would consider, but are there any alternatives to Lucky8's light mounts for two extra lights?

I want to mount two 6" Baja Design LP6 Pro's, but Lucky8 wrote and told me they have a 2 month backlog on their mounts... Tis is (not) the season - to wait Wink

Any suggestions?

MY 2019 Fuji White SDV6 HSE Luxury with Dynamic 2, 360 cam, Head Up, 5011 gloss black 22", Pimento pinstriped black leather...
  • pouls1
    Sweden 

I guess there aren’t any - haha!

Opportunity someone... Smile

MY 2019 Fuji White SDV6 HSE Luxury with Dynamic 2, 360 cam, Head Up, 5011 gloss black 22", Pimento pinstriped black leather...
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

I would disagree about them being “no cut”. I had to open up one of the grill openings for each light mount in order to pass the end of my lights connectors through the grill, as the openings in the grill are too small. I just mounted their sliders and would post pics, but continue to encounter errors regarding “adding to gallery “ on the website.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • pouls1
    Sweden 

Thanks for sharing! Good to know.
    Started looking closer at one of the pictures of their car and it almost looks like the grill bulges a bit where the mounts come out. Is that the case?

Would also love to see pictures and hear about how you experience their sliders.

• Rockcypher
    United States 

No bulging of grill, light mounts are really well designed considering how unfriendly recent Rovers are to modify. I guess if one was willing to cut and splice the wiring loom, it would truly be plug and play. I have a post on here, showing install pics for lights. Sliders are well made, but had to drill out sliders mounting points to get enough “wiggle “ room to mount, the outboard bottom of the truck isn’t truly straight I don’t think and the slider is.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • pouls1
    Sweden 

Good post. They look well made. Sliders... seems Reul Parts in Belgium are working on something. They posted a picture of a disco5 full of scanning dots so they’ll probably have the info to make one that fits perfect.

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Rockcypher wrote:
    ..... and would post pics, but continue to encounter errors regarding “adding to gallery “ on the website.

Regarding this, this might be due to your pictures are too large. I had the same issue with the last photos I posted, I reduced them to around 2Mb and was able to upload them ok. Give it a try.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Am having issues with photos uploading, even though taken on my phone. Having to what's app them to my works phone number, and sending from there, or what's app back to my main phone, and sending from there. Uploads virtually instantly. Possibly due to the fact it's a 23mp camera, but still the photos I upload look blurry.
    Far easier and quicker than compressing image size etc.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 14th Oct 2019 9:17 am. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

That works because WhatsApp is reducing the image quality for you.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Ah ok, I assumed it was compressing it .
    Are you having a similar issue Jimbg?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

No, I haven't uploaded photos recently.
  • Rockcypher
    United States 

Just tried uploading slider pics, and chose “small” option that iPad, offered. Still no joy.

• Numb Thumbs
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Fuji White

There is a company here in Oz - in Perth - who make a light mount:

Cheers
    Numb Thumbs Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum