Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

A MHEV would come I was told, and I expect the see through bonnet and mirror with camera like in the sport, but I doubt the tailgate will look any different.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

would make sense, no one has really worked out if a PHEV is of much benefit to anyone yet. It'll manage what at best 30miles on battery power, which is fine if all your trips are short and you can plug in everywhere, but that sort of use is really suited to a Renault Zoe not a Discovery.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I totally agree Mordred. Ok around town, but not so good for longer journeys. (Auto Express ran an article on the FFRR PHEV last year, and basically said the same as what you said).

I think you would need a trailer or a roof box too permanently haul around all those extra batteries, unless they come up with some sort of small super battery. The tech is still in its infancy in my opinion. Until things improve considerably with regards to the battery life, I will be sticking to the humble combustion engine.

The cost of the car is also more expensive compared to a diesel or petrol variant.

Not to mention the price of replacing the defunct batterys. Read an article a few weeks ago and it was more than half the price of the car Shocked

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

and...its only the British government hammering Diesels. Having driven to Italy (one way via Switzerland) petrol was dearer that diesel in each of those countries.

A petrol PHEV doesn't work that well in a big SUV, rapidly becomes a 20mpg petrol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

And the FFRR PHEV can only pull 2000kgs
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Am sure I read in that review that the 2 litre engine was also underpowered and it won't recharge the battery whilst on the go. A bit pointless if thats the case, spending all that money to go green, just to save a few quid on fuel Shocked

Only reason it tows 2000 kg instead of 3,500 kg is that the batteries weigh 1500kg Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 24th Oct 2019 3:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

mordred1973 wrote:
    and...its only the British government hammering Diesels. Having driven to Italy (one way via Switzerland) petrol was dearer that diesel in each of those countries.

A petrol PHEV doesn't work that well in a big SUV, rapidly becomes a 20mpg petrol

Watch this space, will probably go full circle in a few years time after this Brexit farce, and diesel will be favoured instead of petrol. No doubt BJ trying to screw over the 4x4 drivers again, and fill the treasuries coffers Censored

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum