Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Retaining rear seat belts away from parcel shelf blind

Has anyone come up with an elegant adaption to the ridiculously ineffective clips that supposedly keep the rear seat belts away from the hooks on the parcel shelf blind? Every time I move the blind back or forward the hooks snag the seat belts.

The two clips are intended to keep the belts clear but as they point upwards and the belts recoil mechanism is above... they are BOUND to slip off. What numptie designed them?

I’ve temporarily stuffed the belts metal couplings in the two side cubby holes which keep them sufficiently taught and out of the way without crimping the actual belts. But would be nice if someone had a better adaptation of said retaining clips.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Hook belt under clip and then push buckle down on top of clip and it stays in place Very Happy

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Bow down
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

To me, the clips are the wrong way around, IF the opening faces rearwards, the belts would be less inclined to escape
  • yankeefr78
    France 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I've found a solution with these amazon belt clips.
    This really does the job of keeping the belts in place.

"Wine Art Crab Car Safety Belt Clip"
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01EMZGN3...&psc=1

D3 HSE 2.7 06MY / D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 13MY
    D5 HSE 3.0 19MY Santorini Black - 20" Style 5011 - Electric sun roof - Rear privacy glass - Dark satin brushed aluminium trim finisher - Ebony headlining - Heated seats & steering wheel - Premium carpet mats - Surround camera system - Black Exterior Pack - Driver Assist Pack
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Good idea, but i just let them fall anyway they want. It doesn't put me up or down tbh.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Save 12 euros, and get a pair of wooden clothes pegs instead Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • yankeefr78
    France 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Not sure the wooden cloth pegs will do the job and the look is not the best. Crying or Very sad

D3 HSE 2.7 06MY / D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 13MY
    D5 HSE 3.0 19MY Santorini Black - 20" Style 5011 - Electric sun roof - Rear privacy glass - Dark satin brushed aluminium trim finisher - Ebony headlining - Heated seats & steering wheel - Premium carpet mats - Surround camera system - Black Exterior Pack - Driver Assist Pack
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

But I’ve got privacy glass, no one would know. Thumbs Up
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

yankeefr78 wrote:
    I've found a solution with these amazon belt clips.
    This really does the job of keeping the belts in place.

"Wine Art Crab Car Safety Belt Clip"

Is this a typo on the Amazon pic? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

See, I told you, stick with the clothes pegs Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • BruceT
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Russell wrote:
    Hook belt under clip and then push buckle down on top of clip and it stays in place Very Happy

This is what I do and it works perfectly.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

I cant believe that the lower anchor point in located in the floor. On my 17my disco the plastic boot liner cut/damaged the webbing making them not fit for use.
    It may be worth checking your belts if you have anything in the boot that can rub the belt material.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum