Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Quasar
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White

D5 returned with explanation that carpets were wet following windscreen change and had not been dried out! This is despite carpets being dry when returned after windscreen change and wet the next morning.

Waiting for the next shower of rain!
  • Fritzz
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Fuji White

My 2017 starting leaking at the top (both passenger and driver sides). When pushing firmly outward on the window while on the freeway, air intrusion was very obvious. Clearly the factory seal had detached. Got it replaced under warranty at the dealer.
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

#MeTpp Car is soaking set and has been at the dealers for two weeks. The Service manager pushed on the windscreen from inside the car and from outside you could see the gap! Shocked

Apparently the wind screen has to be replaced as the perimeter coating isn't good enough for the sealant to grip onto. I think this will be an epidemic.

Screens are on back order, so far the seats and carpets are out of the car drying. Dealer says if the wiring hardness is damaged, it's 4-10 weeks as they are hand made to order. Big Cry

Good news is LR customer service are looking at a compensation plan for me.

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • Novy!
    Poland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Hi, im from Poland. Sorry for my english.
    I have the same problem...
    I only have a question. why none of you hired a lawyer to solve the problem? Repair alone does not quite do the trick. We bought the car with a factory defect, which qualifies for a car replacement or a price reduction. Such a law is at least in Poland. If I have such a right, then it is the same with you ...
    Such repair as removing the glass remains in the service documentation. Every potential buyer, when selling a car, will demand a price reduction or will not buy such a car ... These are mockery that for the LR service, replacing the windshield is settling the matter ...
  • Gruber
    Poland 

Ive got the water in the car too. D4 was much, much better product.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

So, 2017 is still under warranty, when this continues in a year the 2017 will be out of warranty and JLR will no doubt tell us we have to pay £2000 ourselves to have a new screen fitted?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Novy!
    Poland 

Land Rover Discovery 5, My Good. Never again.
  • Novy!
    Poland 

Gruber wrote:
    Ive got the water in the car too. D4 was much, much better product.
    Call me Smile I send private message. Regards
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Not encouraged to read this post! Just found it raining out the alarm sensors today! LR Guildford offered to take it in Feb. LR Assist sent around the AA in 30 minutes, booked it to LR Guildford for tomorrow and are providing a D5 replacement. Now I worry it might be with them a while. Note to empty out anything we need for the next month.

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Gruber
    Poland 

JLR what have you done? After 12 years,2x disco 2, disco 3,disco 4, L322 I thought I always will be LR user. After 6 months and one disco 5 I think this is the last one LR.
  • Novy!
    Poland 

Sorry for my english.
    Hello everyone who JLR wants to teach swimming inside Discovery 5!
    I bought a new car at the 2018 salon in October 2019. The car was not used. After driving less than 1000km, at a stop during rain, I noticed a few drops of water on the passenger seat. I wrote to the seller and the main distributor whether it is possible that there was a leak in the new car. Unfortunately, I did not receive a reply within a few days. I thought that opening the passenger door in the rain somehow got a few drops of water on the seat. I went a few days ago in the rain and the right bollard with upholstery flooded, water spilled under the storage compartment.
    the car is bought in a lease. I don't know how many times the car was flooded in this way. He was sure, when he stood in the dealer's parking lot for many years. Water soaked in and dried up. It is likely that the seller noticed the leak before washing the car, but did not inform me about it. I intend to take the case to court and try to replace the car with one free from defects. Or eventually lowering the price. I have concerns about traveling with this car with my family even after repairs ....
    Unbelievable. To date, JLR has not announced a service action. As I found out, sellers don't even check such cars before selling. It is a miracle that no one has short-circuited as a result of flooding and no accident during fast driving. It's a shame for the whole brand. You must file a class action suit. In the USA, as I wrote about the case, the whole topic was closed after a few days. Explaining that this is an unimportant problem ....
  • alexr
    United States 

2019 D5 HSE Lux leaking

Our 2019 HSE Lux is leaking, same as all the other reports found online: somewhere top of windscreen on the passenger side, headliner, A-pillar soaked, top glove box collecting water inside, and now some mystery electrical failures including the speaker system.

After two months waiting for a windscreen, we called JLR of USA to ask what the delay was and was told no windscreens are available and started a buyback process for us.

This seems unreal.
  • Novy!
    Poland 

Unfortunately. This is really happening ...
    Since 2017, JLR has been exposing its customers by selling them defective Discovery. So far, and almost 3 years have passed, no service was announced.
    In my case, a court hearing will be held. It is a pity that public opinion in the form of customers who purchased defective Discovery in the US and GB, so easily lets go of the whole thing. On the forum in the US, threads were closed where I wrote about the whole case and posts were removed.. Repair cars is not everything. The more that in a few cases, the problem of leaking glass occurred again ....
    Good luck and don't give up;)
  • globalste
    United Kingdom 

I had the windscreen replaced (well, resealed) on mine as well. However, now I think they have missed out the rubber seal at the top of the screen that goes between the glass and the roof.

Can anyone confirm if they have the rubber seal at the top after they have had their windscreen re-sealed under the TSB / warranty?

Many thanks

ps the screen no longer leaks, and it wasn't replaced, just removed and resealed.

2017 HSE Dynamic
  • Labbix

if I remember well, with all D5’s there is that ‘gap’. Pretty sure somewhere on the forum there is a picture about it. Looks weird, I know.
    Can take a pic later to confirm if you want, but I still have the original, without issue so far.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum