Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Mcoy
    Italy 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Namib Orange

I hope to get rid of it soon!

In April 2017 I decided to replace my Discovery 3 purchased in 2005 8 (Ford) with assets Km.350,000, with the New Discovery (TATA).

It was delivered on time on 2017 October 13th, at the moment the problems started: the car had damaged paint on the driver's side door, so at km.0 I had to make appointment for repainting the door.

30/11/2017: I brought the car back to the dealership to paint the door, for a total of 5 days without car.

11/04/2018: one day without car to evaluate an hiss from the gearbox.

30/05/2018: three days off. In the occasion I also requested to provide because the interior air recirculation did not work and in the tunnels the car became a gas chamber (problem not solved).

15/11/2018: scheduled maintenance. I pointed out again the interior air recirculation problem (problem not solved). I pointed out that the bonnet hood did not always open by pulling the appropriate lever (problem not solved).

15/03/2019: three days off to replace bonnet hood release rope. I pointed out again the interior air recirculation problem (problem not solved).

30/11/2019: car stop for one day to check sudden drop in power (seem a solenoid), water infiltration from the roof (I did not have the sunroof), air recirculation problem and the right-hand wheel arch cover in the trunk comes off.

12/12/2019: vehicle stopped for over a month to try to remedy the problems listed above. I was just informed that the spare parts is not available!!
    The damage is incalculable, I'm disabled and I can't drive the courtesy car, I've a Honda Jazz: it's a city car, I can't go to mountain for Christmas holidays with this car. Holidays wasted.

The car, list price at the purchase € 73,000 (paid in cash € 60,000 as a disabled person I have a strong discount on taxes), had as an accessory not requested named "delivery plus" for € 1,600 and even today I do not know what I have purchased with this money.

The car stopped for problems in the past two years, more than had in 12 years of Discovery 3 and for me each stop has a very high cost; the car is not worth the amount that is sold, every stop, for me disabled is a huge obstacle, because I can not drive the courtesy car and every time I have to engage my wife for transfers (over 40Km.).

The most annoying thing is that for Land Rover, from the dealer to the parent company, the costumers does not understand anything and is always wrong.

To the Land Rover Experience gathering there are people interested in the model, hearing all car problems (not last the navigator), change their minds and if we add to this that in Europe there are no off-road tires approved for this car, the final judgment is obvious.

Land Rover when was owned from Ford maybe was less fashionable but it had not problems, it was much higher quality than now, in TATA Group.

I hope to get rid of it as soon as possible.

A copy of this is been mailed to: info@tata.com; tata@tata.co.uk;

D5 MY2017 - SD4 (240CV) - SE - Namib Orange
  • Mcoy
    Italy 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Namib Orange

Update

The car is still at the dealer waiting for spare parts. Evil or Very Mad

They are probably taking them on foot through the Alps ...

Censored Censored Censored

D5 MY2017 - SD4 (240CV) - SE - Namib Orange
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum