Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ilron
    Norway 

New D5 ordered

After almost 10 years with my D4, I have now placed an order for a D5.

The D4 has been the best car that I´ve had - it still is brilliant - but it is time for a change.

The plan was to get the new Defender, but the amount of uncertainty around it makes me reluctant to go for it. I think I´ll wait and see, and let someone else fight the gremlins in the first batch.

The D5 build is a 5 seat carpathian grey HSE luxury with black roof and pretty much everything except RSE.

I have yet to decide on visual pack and wheels, it is either
    -Black pack with nimbus/espresso interior, or
    -Dynamic pack with black interior and nimbus piping

I am looking at 21 inch wheels for road use, either black or satin grey, the only thing I am not sure of is how the satin grey goes with carpathian grey, therefore black might be a safer choice, what do you think?

The order will be locked at the end of January.

Thanks for all the info on both disco4 and 5, this is a much better source of information than the dealers! Thumbs Up
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Great exterior colour choice, if I may say so! I have a MY20 HSE Luxury here in the UK, Carpathian with the standard silver 21” wheels.

Have you considered the Glacier interior? It matches well with carpathian. Very rare over here, our dealer had not seen one and we ordered it blind. Delighted with it though.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • ilron
    Norway 

Short update:

The car was finished in start of March, with a planned delivery the same month.

Then the Covid-19 situation caused delays in shipping, and it turned up at the dealers in mid April instead, this followed by several delays at the dealer due to who knows what, but everything looked good for a delivery on monday.

Yesterday I got a message, that since the JLR factory is shut down, Land Rover can not issue the COC document, and the gouvernment wont issue a licence plate without the COC.

The dealer is quite frustrated, obviously, I assume they in these times need to issue the invoice even more than I want the new car..

This is supposed to affect a large amount of the cars produced in march and april.

I can understand JLR´s decission to shut down the production in these times, but not to finalize the paperwork on completed and already sold products just dont make sense.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

hello

I am really sorry to hear that you have still not received your D5, but whoever told you that there was a delay with the shipping company was talking porkers.

I work for the shipping company that transports all the JLR vehicle across from the continent to the UK, and we have not had any delays in shipping.

I think the problem was more likely to be that the factory was closed.
  • ilron
    Norway 

Thanks!

I´m not surprised if the information I get is not entirely precise.
    I was told the delay was in Denmark, it might as well be the local processing there as the actual shipment.

The car arrived in Denmark before the close down, so from my understanding it was built and shipped out as planned, and now 1,5 month later, still not delivered due to missing paperwork.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Sorry... didnt see you were in Denmark. My company are involved with the shipping over the channel from the continent to the UK or viceversa.

We don't have anything to do with the transport on the continent.
  • ilron
    Norway 

It's here!

It took a while, but got it today!

Steps + roof rack next

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum