Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• steve58
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

deployable tow bar electrics bracket

i have a discovery 5 first edition , had a mishap with un hitching my caravan & the plastic bracket that supports & drops the socket down when deployed , got broken, the socket is now hanging loose,the one you plug the caravan into, i contacted LR parts , apparently the plastic fitting that bolts on to the main part of the tow bar is not available as a replacement part, i contacted Brink uk (nova leisure) & was told they cannot help , LR are saying i need to purchase a new tow bar costing over £1000 so i can get the part that would probably cost a few pounds to make , any one got any ideas? feeling like im being taken for a ride on this one,
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Try ebay. There are several D5's on there in breakers yards, majority with frontal damage. Have seen a few with tow bars as well, so worth a try Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

is our deplyable towbar made by Brink?

I do know for some reason the electric socket up mounted upside down!

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • klinkhammer
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I have the deployable towbar and I did exactly what you did 3 months ago.
    I tried 2 different dealers and one said I would need to buy the towbar wiring look at £150 06 the other said full deployable towbar kit at £2600. LR are taking the ****.
    I cobbled a bracket together that works after a fashion but it's prone to sticking. I was waiting until the weather was a bit better before clambering under the car again. I have attempted a repair of the plastic bracket but it did not have the required strength.
    In currently considering manufacturing 2 alloy plates and bolting these to the bracket, seeing if another manufacturer uses the system or finding someone who could 3d print one.

So really interested if can come up with a solution.
  • steve58
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

tow bar bracket

i have put a 75mm plate to hold it together glued it with CT1 , its the part where it bolts on to the tow bar that is the problem o glued washers to try to strengthen it didnt work , going to see a 3d print man tomorrow, ill keep you posted, i find it unbelievable that this cannot be serviceable part, i have emailed the top people at LR , no reply yet
  • klinkhammer
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I live in the Highlands so not the handiest for people doing 3d printing, so would be interested as to how you get on. I would have thought the price for 2 would be better than 1 so more than willing if it can be done.
    As for LR I'm doubtful if you'll even get a response. How any of this fits with their customer service policy or environmental policy I fail to see.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum