Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

Its that time of year again.

I went into the dealership yesterday only for a top up of ad blue honest. So whilst waiting I got talking to my sales executive Confused and he reminded me it was coming up to 3 years of ownership. So i asked what the trade in etc was on mine he said he would contact me later. When i returned home i looked at the configurator and also my past cars (all LR Discovery ) wrt to price paid and trade in value after 3 years. My 2011 D4 lost £12,000 over 3 years. My 2014 D4 lost £14,000 over 3 years. And this one D5 will have depreciated by £24,000 over 3 years. Shocked Looks like i may be keeping it little longer. Thats a massive figure to depreciate for me.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Hi Craig, are the mileages similar and what is that depreciation as a % of the original price paid? That will be interesting reading considering the market claims the D5 holds its value better than most other large SUV's.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Very interesting reading. The earlier cars look phenomenal value. Are all these new purchases? Plus same questions as Mordred Smile

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Craigp
    England 

Ok due to popular request. All were brand new to the SE spec ànd 3 litre engine with just a few extras, tow bracket, rear camera, metallic paint give or take a few little extras. 1st was a cancelled order already at the deaĺers unregistered.

2011 D4 Paid £43K trade in 2014 £31K 72% retained value.

2014 D4 paid £44k trade in 2017 £30k 68% retained value.

2017 D5 paid £54k trade in offered 2020 £30k retained value 55%.

Where will it be in the next 3 years Rolling Eyes
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I am getting fed up with keep changing cars after 2/3 years. Think I’ll keep the D5, but equally I’d be happy enough driving an old banger and investing the cash in buying a buy to let property, at least I’d get a return on that.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

seriously considering going back to a 5 year old £15k car next time...unlikely to be any more hassle and can get it fixed locally at the local indi repairer

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

When the boy is at Uni, I sometimes drive about in his 8 year old Corsa SXI and feel quite at home. At least I can leave it in a car park without worrying about it getting marked by a trolly.

Think it cost him £3k, that’s less than the depreciation on the D5 over a three month period! What’s there not to like about that? I mean, some of the options on the D5 cost more.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

all of the options on mine (I didn't spec it) cost more I think lol

I do groan however every time I drive our Seat Ibiza 1.2TSI, but only for the fact it has 3 pedals, the rest TBH all I miss is the ability to play music thats not radio or CD.

Its been an amazing car really, bought it at 10 months old with 14000 on clock, it had been a Hertz daily rental, Had it 7 years now, it still only has 70,000 on it and has pretty much cost nothing more than service items.

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, I recall asking SWMBO if she wanted the D5 when I was ordering it, you know £60k odd. Oh yes, she couldn’t do without it after the D4.

Got it and then she hardly sits in it one week to the next. She uses her new Mazda for the daily commute. Mainly because it fits in the parking bays.

The D5 makes a nice ornament in the drive, I take it to the shops a couple of times a week. The odd run and that’s it.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Ah...mine had 7300 on the clock when I bought it at 14 months, now 16 months later it has just coming up 31,000 on it,

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Okay, think I am 12k for 18 months. Wouldn’t have been that, but I did all the Unis in Scotland tour just after I got it, some of them twice and one three times! Otherwise I’d be 6k. Rolling Eyes
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I kept my XC60 5.5 years....

bought it 5 months old, 7000 miles, sold it 5.5 years later, 103,000 miles. depreciated £20K in that time

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum