Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• globalste
    United Kingdom 

Dog opens boot, I still can't open it with my foot though

My dogs always set off the boot to open up when they walk near the back of the car, I didn't even think my car had the gesture opening (its a 2017 HSE), I'm unable to open the boot no matter how much i waggle my foot at the back!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

There's a few things on Youtube on how to activate it...

But I got my kids to teach me. Waving it the back of the car does nothing on mine, have to kick straight in and back out, about level with the side parking sensor behind the rear wheel. Once I saw that, on left side I can get it 100% on right side strangely mine needs the kick in a different place (closer to the wheel)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

You have to kick an imaginary football that lies behind the rear wheel Smile your foot should just not touch the car (5cm distance)
    Works every time for me:)

MY17 HSE Luxury Corris Grey 3.0 si6 with Black Pack 21 inch
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Seems to be show dependant.

My Salomon running shoes have reflective toes and can open the boot just by walking close by. Sadly they also close it while I’m standing at it. Ouch. My dark brown shoes, rubbish.

Right side a lot better than left as well.

It’s all a bit mysterious.

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Boot opens with the pressure washer, when rinsing down the rear bumper and mudflaps on the drivers side. Strangely, it never happens on passenger side though. (Car also locks and unlocks itself when using the pressure washer).

Also noted the driver side works 99% of the time compared to the passenger which only works 25% of the time. Seems like its more biased for the driver side which makes sense, but should work equally on both sides i would have thought.

I find standing at right angles to the rear bumper and kicking just under where the side parking sensor is works a treat Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Most people get the kick action wrong and try a side to side movement (such as BMW). LR uses a kick under the bumper in the area shown. I get mine to work 95% without any issues
  • globalste
    United Kingdom 

thanks for the replies! i also have the same problem with the pressure washer!

will do some kicking today...

2017 HSE Dynamic
  • eelpout
    United States 

like others I find it a “kick and miss” situation. Wink

I had a rental Buick Enclave recently and they’ve neatly simplified the usage, they project a light onto the ground under the car (with a Buick emblem, naturally) showing where to kick.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum