Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Flip-down cubby box under Sat Nav screen doesn't always open

Just booked my car into Harwoods Croydon for a health check in a few weeks time, and mentioned that the cubby box below the sat nav screen - the one hidden behind airflow controls - won't always open.

Jump in the car at the start of the journey, and pop my wallet or sunglasses in there. But an hour or so into the drive, if you go to retrieve them, it's become pot luck as to whether it will open or not! (hence things I really need can no longer be stored there)

The button is pressing down fine, the latch is appearing to move fine, but sometimes it simply will not open. It's as though something heating up and stopping it (though it never feels hot, or even warm).

You can guarantee it will always open at the start of the journey though, when the car is stone cold.

The dealer hadn't heard of this issue before, but wondered if someone else had encountered it, so I can ask them to have the right parts on order to fix it.

Otherwise, I'm pleased to say she is still running beautifully after nearly 18k miles and 18 months. Thumbs Up

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Johnson
    Belgium 

Had the same issue couple of months ago. Mentioned it at the dealer and they did something to fix it. Though last week it seems to be difficult to open again.
    Tip - if you push the button and at the same time pull on the radio volume button it opens Embarassed
  • Rayzalaugh
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Silicon Silver

Cubby box below sat nav.

Hi. Had the same problem. While in for service it was supposed to have been fixed. Tried to open it when I picked the car up and still did not work. Complained and was told that there was a ‘fix kit’ to resolve the common problem (couple of washers) but they did not have one in stock. After a few words, they said they would sort it out if I could wait 15min. Given car back and low and behold all working. I asked what they had done (fearing a bodge). I was told that they took the washers of of the boss’s company car. Anyway, result.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies - I'll make sure they know there's a fix kit available before I take the car in! They were unsure by phone...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Did you get this problem sorted? I ask as I have the same problem, I had great difficulty in opening the flap, eventually opening while gently levering the top of the flap.

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

This worked for me using a nylon/plastic washer cut and inserted behind the left lid buffer.

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

its a known fault, remind them to look on TOPix for the warranty fix number !

2019 HSE LUX
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    Did you get this problem sorted? I ask as I have the same problem, I had great difficulty in opening the flap, eventually opening while gently levering the top of the flap.

Yup - as others have said, added it to the list for a service, and the dealer rectified it.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum