Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

20MY Ordered - HSE L Eiger Grey

After a few weeks of decision making, I’ve finally ordered a new 20MY SDV6 HSE Luxury. This is in Eiger Grey and is replacing my beautiful Carpathian Grey 20MY in the same spec, which I have rejected due to the repeating sensor fault that it had.

21” grey 5025 wheels and black pack on this one.

Changing the exterior look as it feels like the right thing to do, but think Carpathian and silver wheels and highlights is such a classic look. But good to put the annus horribilis that was 2019 behind us with a new look.

Sticking with the beautiful Glacier interior, tech pack, driver assistance pack, adaptive dynamics, 12v rear sockets and one or two other things.

A X7 30d was the other contender and was the same price with tech pack included. Nice, but a little bland, not as luxurious in feel and a bit big. A wonderful steer though. It was a tough decision.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Obviously this one is stuck in lockdown related delays. Quite delighted as I get to enjoy Carpathian for a while longer.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Re: 20MY Ordered - HSE L Eiger Grey

Equilibrium wrote:
    A X7 30d was the other contender and was the same price with tech pack included. Nice, but a little bland, not as luxurious in feel and a bit big. A wonderful steer though. It was a tough decision.

Haha. I bet it was a tough decision. Between a car with arguably not the most attractive rear, or one with not the most attractive front.
    I hope that your new D5 won't suffer the issues you've had with the current D5.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, looks didn’t play a big part. Although, to be fair, I massively prefer the looks of the D5. Whilst big, the X7 comes over a bit people carrier/minivan up close, whereas the D5 still has that proper chunky SUV feel.

But mainly the decision was down to interior, practicality and pure emotional appeal.

Really liked the X7 though.

• GLYNNE
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

Loving my Eiger Grey Very Happy
  • Looneyfitter
    United Kingdom 

any pics? ive just ordered an Eiger grey too Very Happy
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Mine is at the dealer since the start of the month and I plan to pick it up 1 August. Almost a year to the day since I picked up Carpathia (my not so original nickname for the current one).

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Here she is. Mightily pleased. A dealer mistake means I got a dynamic front grille instead of the black pack one.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

And the front

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum