Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Dpetchey wrote:
    Thanks for all the advice- we really appreciate it.

So the dealer wants it back to repair the damaged bumper and look at the markings on the windows.
    They have said it will all be repaired and valeted to showroom condition, they will fill the fuel tank and give us a meal voucher to the value of £150. Doesn’t seam like much compensation!

We love the car, it’s the ideal colour, spec etc for us. We was supposed to be getting a towbar fitted tomorrow (aftermarket) but I’ve had to put them off given the circumstances. We use it for towing our two tonne Buccaneer caravan which we will soon be wanting to start using in the spring so not having a tow car would prevent that happening.

What sort of compensation do you think I could try for if they complete everything to a high enough standard and we keep the car?

Cover the total cost of the towbar and electrics along with fitting it 👍

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Craigp
    England 

Beware the road tax increase in April. Rolling Eyes
    If you reject.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Dpetchey wrote:
    Thanks for all the advice- we really appreciate it.

So the dealer wants it back to repair the damaged bumper and look at the markings on the windows.
    They have said it will all be repaired and valeted to showroom condition, they will fill the fuel tank and give us a meal voucher to the value of £150. Doesn’t seam like much compensation!

We love the car, it’s the ideal colour, spec etc for us. We was supposed to be getting a towbar fitted tomorrow (aftermarket) but I’ve had to put them off given the circumstances. We use it for towing our two tonne Buccaneer caravan which we will soon be wanting to start using in the spring so not having a tow car would prevent that happening.

What sort of compensation do you think I could try for if they complete everything to a high enough standard and we keep the car?

Cover the total cost of the towbar and electrics along with fitting it 👍

a deployable, that is retro fit about £2500. That plus the meal plus the tank of fuel, it getting there.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

First off which windows is the suspected over spray on?
    Is it the same colour as your car?
    Have you looked close at door runners window rubbers etc to see signs of a re-spray
    If they have left overspray on a window then they haven’t take a lot of care and it would be easy to find where they have done the repair
    Is it possible that the car was parked in an area where another vehicle was being painted or even a building being painted and this is what is on your car

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Dpetchey
    United Kingdom 

The spray shows on the offside rear windows the most, probably as they are privacy glass so the lighter specs are highlighted. The car is Eiger grey and the specs appear to be the same colour but obviously looking at it with an open mind thus might not be the case I guess.
    The dealer has collected the car today and left us with a Velar. They will be assessIng it all hopefully tomorrow and get back to me.
    We love the car and dont want to reject and start over, we just want it in the showroom condition that it should have been so we can start enjoying it and look forward to getting the caravan behind it!
    The build quality does seem better than our 2017 was, and the sdv6 engine is great.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Personally bI would have wanted to check the car and see if it had been repaired before it went back to the dealers where they can hide repairs to the point you would not know or at least you would for a few months when it would start to show again
    I fell for this once myself with a brand new Citroen C8 that had been repaired

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum