Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

Drive the deal.

Anybody used Drivethedeal. Still can't make my mind up what to do, either hang on to this one and take out the warranty as its coming up to 3 years. New LR Warranty £855 for the year. Just gone through the configurator for new 3 litre SE with towbar and a few other things and they are saying £9700ish off list price with the above. But also thinking new road tax coming in so may wait to see how that goes.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I am getting quoted about £10k over book on my car against a new at list with one dealership. Amounts to one and the same thing.

I might just save spending the cash as cars don’t really interest me tbh and I don’t do the mileage. .
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Coast2coast had better discounts when I was looking vs drivethedeal last month. Easier to see which dealers you are dealing with prior to formal contact as well.

DTD are very reputable and established as well and I did have a very good conversation with them about a huge discount on a FFRR.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Dangerdave wrote:
    I am getting quoted about £10k over book on my car against a new at list with one dealership. Amounts to one and the same thing.

I might just save spending the cash as cars don’t really interest me tbh and I don’t do the mileage. .

seriously thinking that since cars like D5 are not a longterm "just run it" car, I might go back and buy something about 10 years old next time and put up with the odd repair bill. Those cars, probably due to simplicity, seem to be less troublesome.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Yep, not a lot wrong with that reasoning. I have an 18 month old car that’s lost about £17k in that time - almost £1k a month. Makes you think .
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Agreed...I am planning to keep the D5 until it's 4 years old, which is 18 months time, so will have c60k on clock (and currently when warranty expires) quite likely at that point head off and buy a 2013/14 Volvo XC90 mk 1.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum