Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• John C
    United Kingdom 

20MY Landmark

Hi,

Am from the D3 Forums and been wondering about replacing my D3 I’ve done almost 270K in...

Almost pulled the trigger on an I-Pace... then a Defender order... but now find myse;f looking at the D5, which I’d never really considered.

Do you mind me asking what made you choose the HSE or HSE Lux over the Landmark. Spent some time in a v nice 20my Landmark earlier and just trying to work out what I’d miss from the higher spec...

Thank you
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

It wasn’t available initially. The Landmark is a recent addition to the range.

That aside, what suits one person won’t suit you and vice versa.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I sat with the configurator and started with each base model and added the options that I wanted the car to have. On the lower spec models I had to add a lot of options to get what I wanted but on the HSE Lux I had to add very little but was paying for stuff that I had no use for.

For me, the most cost effective way of getting exactly what I wanted was to start with the HSE and add a few options.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Craigp
    England 

I have the SE and have been really happy with it. Only added a few things to it Tow bar, adaptive lighting, overtaking assist thing? & rear camera. Im still toying with a replacement and would be happy with the SE again. They had a Landmark in and it just seemed to me to be just a little bling over the SE. I could get most of the bits off ebay for a lot less just my thoughts. If you want to get involved with software ware updates and fixes then by all means go for the HSE Laughing
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Now now Craig, behave! Rolling with laughter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

As far as am aware both the Landmark and Anniversary models are just lower spec models which have been tarted up with 22 inch wheels and dynamic packs, giving the appearance that they are the range toppers.

I did have a look at both models thinking they will probably be HSE/HSE LUX models but was a bit miffed that they were not. Prices they are asking are steep in my opinion, for the few upgrades.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Craigp
    England 

Sorry Jim couldn't resist. Very Happy
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

to be fair to D5 (unusual for me) my only software issues are the front parking sensors and I think that is a duff parking sensor dealer says its not, indeed they say there nothing wrong at all when the fron parking sensor goes to permanent beeeeeep every time I go below 10mph for a week at a time,

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • RAW
    England 

Mordred
    had this on a D4 after a lot of to and fro trips to dealer it was noticed by SWMBO that the front number plate was not stuck on properly and loose at the sides letting it curl out slightly, number plate removed , new sticky pads fitted on and some extra ones at the end edges and fault has never come back, D4 is 5 years old now it was 6 months old when they did it. Might worth a try taking front plate off and see if it goes away
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

no, it was fine for the first 6 months...than started, then was fine for 4 months, then did it for a month, then fine for 3 months and now the front parking sensors are permanently turned off....

dealer actually told me "if you cant demonstrate it we won't investigate again"!!!!

I have it on video, with the car not moving, just every time I turn steering to right, one of the sensors goes off and to left it doesnt. Will now wait until service at end of may time as can't face taking it to the dealers again...

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum