Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• PRH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Indus Silver

Tailgate Beep....

Went to open the tailgate using the remote and also later using the door button and several times it unlocked and opened a few mm then heard beeps from the front of the car!

Had exactly this on a Sport and it turned out to be water in the door requiring a new wiring harness which took some time due to the number of cars exhibiting the same fault so now concerned đŸ˜ .

Tried the reset which sorted it for a while then fault again.

Left it overnight and seemed OK the next morning but did the same again later.

Just in case you are wondering why so many visits to the boot - we are away in the caravan self isolating đŸ˜ƒ.

Have searched on here, can’t find anything, anyone else had this?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Low battery affects the boot not opening fully, only by a few mm.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • PRH
    United Kingdom 

Ah, that could be it. Thanks Road Runner. Hope not an issue brewing then....
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Fingers crossed its not. Thumbs Up

We are having issues, so it seems car may need a new battery or a proper charge in the garage, as the stop start has also stopped working due to the low battery warning.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • PRH
    United Kingdom 

Seems like LR have an issue with low battery warnings and having to clean the connections - assume your garage have done all that?

Had the same on the Sport and a the call out man just cleaned the terminals at it was OK after that.....
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Cars not been in for battery issues before, but I highly doubt the terminals are corroded as its in the boot. Garage thinks car needs a boost overnight as not had a decent long run since Xmas.

I did a 50 mile round trip a few weeks with the lights on, heater on, heated wheel and heated seats on, but as soon as I parked up and restarted was still saying low battery.

The FL2 also had the low battery warning, as it seems a common problem with this type of battery I was told and the stop start also stopped working.

• RDR
    United Kingdom 

i had this a couple of weeks ago, id spent well over an hour hovering it with all the doors opening and shutting (don't ask) then got low battery warning on dash and then the tailgate started playing up and beeping.

plugged the Ctek in the tow socket overnight and sorted by the morning.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I now switch off the interior lights as soon as I am hoovering the interior and also switch the radio off, as the message comes up on the infotainment system that the battery is low, and the radio will shut down in 3 minutes.

To be fair i think its only a warning and never had issues with the car turning over, even on a frosty morning, but now that the stop start has issues, I think the battery needs a boost or replaced.

The garage did say that once they start loosing charge, they never recover 100%.

I suppose its like the old video camera batteries which had to be dead, and not recharged at say 50%, leading to the so called memory effect and therefore ruining the battery, and resulted in the battery having a reduced running time.

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

the Disco does seem very prone to low battery. After a couple of week of local journey's mine will cease to stop/start then a couple of days later once its been a bit further it is back to normal.

I assume all of the electronics is putting a load on the battery that the alternator just isn't powerful enough to replenish?

Completely different cars, but we have a 2012 Seat Ibiza that is still on the original battery, we had a 2012 XC60 that the battery died, almost overnight at 5 years old. Luckily was a trip to local battery retailer and replaced for not much money. However bearing in mind the majority of D5 are less than 3 years old there does seem to be a lot of battery issues.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • PRH
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Cars not been in for battery issues before, but I highly doubt the terminals are corroded as its in the boot.

My DS was less than a year old and the connections/terminals looked mint. The call out guy showed me on the diagnostics what charge the car was reporting before and after cleaning the connections - big difference.

As others have said, there does seem to be an issue with having all the electronic wizardry....
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum