Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• haybob
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Loire Blue

New D5 Portofino HSE- cosmetic tweaks

Had my new D5 a few weeks now and absolutely loving it. Had a few cosmetic tweaks done since I have had it, Urban centre number plate conversion and had the grey plastics colour coded.

Stock HSE spec

Colour looks so much better in the sun

Really happy how it looks now.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, the back now looks like a Disco Sport. Wink

Each to their own, but I’d not waste my money tbh.
  • Labbix

But it does look better Wink and although I don’t bother either, the design of the back is an unnecessary reference to previous disco’s and visually not the most appealing to many...
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

As I said, each to their own, it honestly doesn’t put me up nor down.

That said, I wouldn’t buy a car that had its boot cut for the rear symmetry, I’d think that it could negatively reflect in the part exchange price. After all it’s a mod and not as LR intended. There could also be insurance implications?
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Sorry but as per DD I think you have de-valued the car and made it look like a DS. Not my cup of tea and would not buy a D5 looking like that.
    Colour looks nice Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Should have changed the front grill as looks much better imo Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I like the paint job on the plastic bits, looks really good.

As for the number plate being centred, it is a matter of personal taste. If I compare it to my own rear end wearing jeans with a pocket on each side, the symmetry went as soon as I stuck a wallet loaded with plastic cards in one of the pockets and the other remaining unused. It's never bothered me, nor have I ever felt the urge to sew on another pocket in the middle just so my wallet is centred.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Same colour as mine and have been thinking about the gloss black for those bits front and rear. Was it vinyl wrap? If so approx ££?? Looks v good.

And as has been said, each to their own with the rear plate. It's an acquired taste and when you see a D Sport coming towards you (especially with '20 face lift) it's not until you see it from behind that you realise it's a "proper one".....

Did I read that face lift D 5 might have centre plate as an option? Will be interesting to see the take up. If JLR are still around post coronavirus Shocked
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum